Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Hastings

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Really disappointed with a few on here. Who I genuinely think is in the now and knocking a player who has done as yet nothing wrong. I also know players and staff personally even last captain spent a lot of time with them and never once have I asked if a player was disliked by his peers .and never been told any have problems with hastings. Ask yourselfs this if he was wanted that bad and he did not want to honour his contract why is he back training at Wigan he could have stayed there dug his heels in and forced move we all know contracts are not worth the paper there wrote on. I will tell you why because he is a man of his word. And even if some players do not like him so what we had our best era in our history with players that were detested by their peers and by players who thought they were irreplaceable. Had season ticket for Wigan over 55 years so think I know a bit about them but rarely have I seen such slating of a player that as when been at Wigan has done nothing wrong and given his all. In your privaliged position of having knowledge use it to drag a Wigan player down without any substance Shame on you. Can't have anything to do with a forum that is supposed to be a Wigan fan forum but main threads are built around wigan player character assassination through media hype and made up lies. Rant over I'm done hope you get what you deserve.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:15 pm Really disappointed with a few on here. Who I genuinely think is in the now and knocking a player who has done as yet nothing wrong. I also know players and staff personally even last captain spent a lot of time with them and never once have I asked if a player was disliked by his peers .and never been told any have problems with hastings. Ask yourselfs this if he was wanted that bad and he did not want to honour his contract why is he back training at Wigan he could have stayed there dug his heels in and forced move we all know contracts are not worth the paper there wrote on. I will tell you why because he is a man of his word. And even if some players do not like him so what we had our best era in our history with players that were detested by their peers and by players who thought they were irreplaceable. Had season ticket for Wigan over 55 years so think I know a bit about them but rarely have I seen such slating of a player that as when been at Wigan has done nothing wrong and given his all. In your privaliged position of having knowledge use it to drag a Wigan player down without any substance Shame on you. Can't have anything to do with a forum that is supposed to be a Wigan fan forum but main threads are built around wigan player character assassination through media hype and made up lies. Rant over I'm done hope you get what you deserve.
If that's meaning you're quitting on here, have a rethink KIDF, as you put in some good, valuable posts on here.
Don't let one, over emotional, thread get you down for too long and hope to see you back.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:55 pm
MadMaxWarrior wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:38 pm Hopefully doesnt distract prep for friday. Cant see anythink will come of this, but if it does hopefully a transfer fee/salary is used and put back into the squad.
I have no idea why we didn't do a swap deal with Canberra Sezer for Williams originally would have made more sense.
I said at the time we should have done but was shot down by the usual experts on here
Maybe because Williams is a better player than Sezer?
Smithy82

Post by Smithy82 »

Hastings is staying lam as said for 2021 season and he also said Hastings said he hopes to win trophys with wigan this season

So this him leaving crap is over move on
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:15 pm Really disappointed with a few on here. Who I genuinely think is in the now and knocking a player who has done as yet nothing wrong. I also know players and staff personally even last captain spent a lot of time with them and never once have I asked if a player was disliked by his peers .and never been told any have problems with hastings. Ask yourselfs this if he was wanted that bad and he did not want to honour his contract why is he back training at Wigan he could have stayed there dug his heels in and forced move we all know contracts are not worth the paper there wrote on. I will tell you why because he is a man of his word. And even if some players do not like him so what we had our best era in our history with players that were detested by their peers and by players who thought they were irreplaceable. Had season ticket for Wigan over 55 years so think I know a bit about them but rarely have I seen such slating of a player that as when been at Wigan has done nothing wrong and given his all. In your privaliged position of having knowledge use it to drag a Wigan player down without any substance Shame on you. Can't have anything to do with a forum that is supposed to be a Wigan fan forum but main threads are built around wigan player character assassination through media hype and made up lies. Rant over I'm done hope you get what you deserve.
Spot on.
Concentrate on making your couches comfy for the coming season!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jackson Hastings is committed to Wigan Warriors for 2021, insists Adrian Lam

Adrian Lam expects Jackson Hastings to play at Wigan this season amid reports Wests Tigers have targeted him for an immediate return to the NRL.

The halfback's future is the subject of fresh speculation with Michael Maguire's outfit linked with a fresh bid for him.

But Warriors coach Lam moved to draw a line under the saga and believes the 25-year-old is staying at the Warriors to lead their bid for Super League glory.

Asked about the Hastings reports, Lam told Wigantoday: "As far as the club is concerned he is committed to the club for 2021 and we want him here to drive us towards success.

He's loving being back and we are glad to have him back."

Hastings, under contract until the end of this season, is not in the Wigan squad which opens the season against Leigh at Leeds' Headingley tomorrow night.

"He only had three training sessions with the squad before we picked the team," said Lam, who is also managed by Hastings' agent Sam Ayoub.

"I just feel he needs a little more time in the team sessions and environment before we consider him for selection."

Fellow Australian Bevan French is also missing after he was also given an extended off-season at home with his family, while Wigan head into the new campaign without their first-choice wingers, Liam Marshall and Dom Manfredi, as well as centre Oliver Gildart due to injury.

But those absentees have not dampened Lam's enthusiasm for the start.

"There's been a lot of focus on who's not playing but I'd rather focus on who is playing," he said. "We've got all of our forwards available, including John Bateman who's back at the club and Ethan Havard who is fit again, and I've got full confidence in the side we put out.

"Everyone is excited the new season is here."

Lam will begin his third season in charge when the Warriors take on Super League newcomers Leigh in front of the Sky Sports cameras tomorrow night.

And with speedster Jai Field joining a backs division which includes French, Gildart, Marshall and Manfredi - as well as halves such as Hastings and Thomas Leuluai - he is predicting plenty of excitement.

Lam said: “The mentality is I want us to be a threat, a real threat. We may not start bang on but we’ll get to that point pretty quickly.

“I’m an attack-minded coach, and I want us to attack from anywhere. I want us to have an attack mentality but with a defensive backbone that is part of our DNA."

Friday’s match is Wigan’s first competitive game since their agonising 8-4 Grand Final defeat to St Helens.

Lam, who has been running some evening sessions to get players readjusted to playing later in the day, added: “Obviously the way last season finished, those sort of scenarios hurt and they stay in your subconscious for a long time. It was a tough way to lose but there’s a fresh feel and everyone’s ready to go.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... am-3178634
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:00 pm
Wintergreen wrote: In all honesty if he does want out, now's the best time. Let Lam build a team to challenge for the playoffs without any mid season disruption.
How on earth is the start of the season the best time for our no 1 scrum half to leave?

Lam won’t be able to build a team because there are no replacements available. Everyone is signed up.

This completely disrupts the team planning just before the season kicks off. If he’d gone at the end of last season the club could have planned for it. Now they will be looking around for a replacement when no one decent is available or trying to run with what we have got which makes the team weaker. There is no way TL can play a full season and he’s nowhere near the standard of player anyway, the same as any other potential candidates currently at the club.
Highlighted for simplicity.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Problem in this day and age is theres no privacy with social media and even a small joke can escalate into a big story...... hopefully jacko will smash it this season and sign on for another 3 years....... we will miss him tonite ,thats for sure
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

To keep in the dark,why are you disappointed with some on here lt is my husband publishing replies on here,and in all honesty do you know of any other super league club that has had a preparation like we have and like you I have watched them for 50 years and I have never known anything like this.we still do not know what our team will be tonight,that's after 4 months preparation,shambles.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:10 am To keep in the dark,why are you disappointed with some on here lt is my husband publishing replies on here,and in all honesty do you know of any other super league club that has had a preparation like we have and like you I have watched them for 50 years and I have never known anything like this.we still do not know what our team will be tonight,that's after 4 months preparation,shambles.
I'll pick you a team for tonight and Leigh would want to pick it every match.

Field
Hanley
Hardaker
Isa
Bibby
Smith
Luluai
Bullock
Powell
Singleton
Farrell
Bateman