Hastings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Hastings

Post by nathan_rugby »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:10 am To keep in the dark,why are you disappointed with some on here lt is my husband publishing replies on here,and in all honesty do you know of any other super league club that has had a preparation like we have and like you I have watched them for 50 years and I have never known anything like this.we still do not know what our team will be tonight,that's after 4 months preparation,shambles.
We never know what our team is this far in advance.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Everyone has their own opinions and its great to see such a varied difference.

One thing is for sure, as soon as the season kicks off a switch flicks. Most of the rumours/goings on from the post season are forgotten about. (Hopefully Including Hastings)

We may all have different opinions and outlooks on situations but we all share something in common.

We all love Wigan and want what is best for the club. And we all want the club to succeed.

Lets all get behind the lads as much as we possibly can whilst they wear our shirt. Lest all look forward to a potentially fantastic season.

Hope everyone has a great weekend kicked off with a dominant Wigan win and performance.

Lets F*cking Go Wigan 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:10 am To keep in the dark,why are you disappointed with some on here lt is my husband publishing replies on here,and in all honesty do you know of any other super league club that has had a preparation like we have and like you I have watched them for 50 years and I have never known anything like this.we still do not know what our team will be tonight,that's after 4 months preparation,shambles.
Why do you need to know? What difference will it make? I've watched Wigan for over 60 years, we'll know the team at about one hour before kick off like we always do.
Do you know the Leigh, Saints or Salford teams for tonight?
The negativity from some of our so called "supporters" is awful.
I'll ask you again would you have made Hastings and French come back early with their family circumstances, which you do know about.
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

No straw damn us wrote:
Why do you need to know? What difference will it make? I've watched Wigan for over 60 years, we'll know the team at about one hour before kick off like we always do.
Do you know the Leigh, Saints or Salford teams for tonight?
The negativity from some of our so called "supporters" is awful.
I'll ask you again would you have made Hastings and French come back early with their family circumstances, which you do know about.
Spot on. Too many moaning gossip mongering wigan fans I'm afraid. Has got worse because of social media. Cant please some fans!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Firestarter wrote:Problem in this day and age is theres no privacy with social media and even a small joke can escalate into a big story...... hopefully jacko will smash it this season and sign on for another 3 years....... we will miss him tonite ,thats for sure
A small joke does escalate... certainly with some of the moaning gossip mongering wigan fans amongst us!![emoji849][emoji1787]

JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

keptinthedarkfans wrote:Really disappointed with a few on here. Who I genuinely think is in the now and knocking a player who has done as yet nothing wrong. I also know players and staff personally even last captain spent a lot of time with them and never once have I asked if a player was disliked by his peers .and never been told any have problems with hastings. Ask yourselfs this if he was wanted that bad and he did not want to honour his contract why is he back training at Wigan he could have stayed there dug his heels in and forced move we all know contracts are not worth the paper there wrote on. I will tell you why because he is a man of his word. And even if some players do not like him so what we had our best era in our history with players that were detested by their peers and by players who thought they were irreplaceable. Had season ticket for Wigan over 55 years so think I know a bit about them but rarely have I seen such slating of a player that as when been at Wigan has done nothing wrong and given his all. In your privaliged position of having knowledge use it to drag a Wigan player down without any substance Shame on you. Can't have anything to do with a forum that is supposed to be a Wigan fan forum but main threads are built around wigan player character assassination through media hype and made up lies. Rant over I'm done hope you get what you deserve.
Spot on!

ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

" if he was wanted that bad and he did not want to honour his contract why is he back training at Wigan "

We will wait and see Wigan are negotiating a fee to release him from his contract ???
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ddtftf wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:07 pm " if he was wanted that bad and he did not want to honour his contract why is he back training at Wigan "

We will wait and see Wigan are negotiating a fee to release him from his contract ???
If it works for the club and the player, I have no problem with that. If the deal doesn't work out and the player honours his contract, I have no problem with that either. I only have a problem with a player that wants a move, doesn't get it and behaves unprofessionally. I've not seen anything of substance that suggests that.

The expectation that every player that plays for Wigan has to somehow be a lifelong fan and never leave is unrealistic, especially with overseas players. I have no problem with players who come, give there all whilst they are here, but decide at some point its best for them to move on.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

If you've been a supporter as long as you say, you'd remember pre Super League in the good, old days of Central Park, they'd only announce the team on the tannoy literally a few minutes before KO. Was that always a "shambles" ?
Just don't get your hysteria, within the bounds and midst of the pandemic, which has had major repercussions on the way every sport operates.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Hastings and his manager have done a great job of getting him back down under next year. Hastings attempts to go this year by mixing the pot up and saying the wrong things should not have happened. He acknowledged that he should not have said some things.
Time to move on!