IQONIQ

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

IQONIQ

Post by medlocke »

I have noticed that our main sponsor is also sleeve sponsor for other clubs, How can this be, surely as our main sponsor they should be loyal to Wigan :shock:
Fujiman

Re: IQONIQ

Post by Fujiman »

But only thought of us as worthy of front of shirt sponsor :D
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:29 pm I have noticed that our main sponsor is also sleeve sponsor for other clubs, How can this be, surely as our main sponsor they should be loyal to Wigan :shock:
Who cares as long as they pay us well?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

On about sponsorship, I've noticed Loch Lomond create sponsorship versions of their Whiskies......think they've done it for Golf and Union......would happily invest in a Warriors bottle of single malt! Be just the ticket after winning at Old Trafford against Wire x4 :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:23 pm On about sponsorship, I've noticed Loch Lomond create sponsorship versions of their Whiskies......think they've done it for Golf and Union......would happily invest in a Warriors bottle of single malt! Be just the ticket after winning at Old Trafford against Wire x4 :lol:
+1 👍
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I really dont care who the brand sponsors or even what exactly the brand is apart from 3 things.

1. They're not an immoral brand

2. They're paying us a decent wedge

3. Their logo doesnt look crap on our kit
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:23 pm On about sponsorship, I've noticed Loch Lomond create sponsorship versions of their Whiskies......think they've done it for Golf and Union......would happily invest in a Warriors bottle of single malt! Be just the ticket after winning at Old Trafford against Wire x4 :lol:
I emailed them when the club announced the deal. They’ll be bringing out a joint version in the near future.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Fujiman wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:07 pm
I emailed them when the club announced the deal. They’ll be bringing out a joint version in the near future.
Snap! And I got the same response as yourself, but with a greater emphasis on signing up to newsletters etc :lol:
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Given what Iqoniq do, it really doesn't surprise me that they are on a couple of other shirts. If you look at some of their partners in other sports you've got La Liga, McLaren and Williams F1 Racing teams, Roma, Marseille and the Chicago Blackhawks are just some of them. The only RL clubs listed on their official partner list are ourselves and Stains.

As far as logos on the shirt go, personally I think its as good as we've had for a while, Its not in a large box in a completely different colour dominating the shirt like we've had several times in the recent past and as has been pointed out, provided they've paid us a decent amount for it to be there then who cares if they're sponsoring other clubs as well. Rugby League as a whole needs all the exposure we can get and if a company that already has a foothold in major football clubs, F1 and the NHL are showing an interest in Rugby League as well (there aren't any Union clubs on their list) I think thats got to be positive.