17 for tonight v Wakey

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mjdodge13

Re: 17 for tonight v Wakey

Post by mjdodge13 »

Did anyone watch the after match analysis by Wells?
Basically said “Give me an argument why not to play Hardaker at fullback”

Carney, “Bevan French”

Wells, “If the rumours are half true then he’ll be playing in the halves in the not so distant future” (All said with a half smile and slight awkwardness in the studio)

This is from guys who actually hear what’s happening first hand.
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

I can only think Hastings is on his way to Aus.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Great result tonite...... sliding defence was very good...... faz awesome break for the superb hardaker...... willie solid and great passes to the ever improving bibby...... just wondering how fifita can ever complain about out forwards being grubs...... him and his brother are two of the worst in the game
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Oh and special praise to lammy..... picked faz and willie centres which ended up being the right choice...... i must admit i thought it was brave, and wrong
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Never been a massive fan of Isa always thought he was a Shaun Wane kind of signing(a work horse) but tonight he showed what a player he can be, adapting to different positions and his passing game in which he was drawing the player in to open up space for bibby. Hats off to him and well worthy a Wigan shirt for me
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think Lam has put together a squad which will be a joy to watch. I am so looking forward to seeing how far this team will get - I cannot remember a more talented group of emerging forwards than the lads we currently have - Smithies, Havard, Partington, Byrne and Shorrocks will get better and better. If we get the right mix in the backs then we can look forward to a fantastic year. I was front and centre in doubting, but the squad development, style of play and fitness levels are all as good as we could hope for. Our resilience, and confidence in each other, make watching us a joy.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:34 pm Oh and special praise to lammy..... picked faz and willie centres which ended up being the right choice...... i must admit i thought it was brave, and wrong
I thought so too before KO with Faz never having played centre, how wrong was I? 😳
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

mjdodge13 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:36 pm I can only think Hastings is on his way to Aus.
Why?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

mjdodge13 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:35 pm Did anyone watch the after match analysis by Wells?
Basically said “Give me an argument why not to play Hardaker at fullback”

Carney, “Bevan French”

Wells, “If the rumours are half true then he’ll be playing in the halves in the not so distant future” (All said with a half smile and slight awkwardness in the studio)

This is from guys who actually hear what’s happening first hand.
Playing in the halves over who?

Who covers Zak at centre?

Talking sh1te
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:03 pm I think Lam has put together a squad which will be a joy to watch. I am so looking forward to seeing how far this team will get - I cannot remember a more talented group of emerging forwards than the lads we currently have - Smithies, Havard, Partington, Byrne and Shorrocks will get better and better. If we get the right mix in the backs then we can look forward to a fantastic year. I was front and centre in doubting, but the squad development, style of play and fitness levels are all as good as we could hope for. Our resilience, and confidence in each other, make watching us a joy.
I'd still like a couple of hard yard making props, Wakefield managed to bully us for 30 minutes or so and we really needed the rotation of the young lads to get us on top.

Hardaker top draw again today along with Bibby, Faz, Isa and Hastings. Lammy has some selection headaches to come :)