Another reason to dislike Wire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Another reason to dislike Wire

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

2002 and EW is hooked
jobo

Re: Another reason to dislike Wire

Post by jobo »

I think he'll do well with them, which might cheer the misery guts up a bit.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

It’ll be interesting to see how he goes there that’s for sure but yes I think he will do well they’ve always backed their coaches with players,just usually the wrong ones
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They'll have to rebuild quite a bit. I mean Inglis, what a weird signing!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I didn’t really dislike Warrington before cos they were this side of the M62, but geez, I bloody well do now! Of all the coaches .....

Him leaving Cas won’t encourage me to like them any better either 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I'd rather have Powell than Price that's fir sure. I'd imagine most Wire fans will be delighted with the appointment.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:54 pm I'd rather have Powell than Price that's fir sure. I'd imagine most Wire fans will be delighted with the appointment.
Ah well I take it from you moniker you’re from that area 😉😉

I’d sooner have Brian McDermott & that’s saying something cos I can’t stand him either on the other hand.... he’s supposedly goin to Cas! Two dour faced Yorkshire men if ever there were any!

Still a good reason to hate Cas tho 😂
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:23 am
CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:54 pm I'd rather have Powell than Price that's fir sure. I'd imagine most Wire fans will be delighted with the appointment.

I’d sooner have Brian McDermott & that’s saying something cos I can’t stand him either on the other hand.... he’s supposedly goin to Cas! Two dour faced Yorkshire men if ever there were any!

Stains, Wire, Leeds, Hull FC and Cas.......hatred to strong dislike (in the correct order :lol:)........Anyone else is neither here nor there lol.

Always struck me as having a MASSIVE chip on BOTH shoulders McDermott.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:03 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:23 am

*Stains, Wire,Leeds, Hull FC and Cas.......hatred to strong dislike (in the correct order :lol:)........Anyone else is neither here nor there lol.

Always struck me as having a **MASSIVE chip on BOTH shoulders McDermott.
* Never hated either of these clubs, disliked when we play them but that’s as far as it goes. As far as Saints go, I have similar feelings as the the Wigan club, a mutual respect. I’ve had family & close friends play for both clubs also for Salford & Swinton 😊

As for McDermott, he gives me the impression that he thinks he’s entitled to be “Top Dog” & the chip on his shoulders, also extends from his to Powell’s!! Can’t stand either of them 😂😂
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Five Castleford players that could follow Daryl Powell to Warrington

Since Daryl Powell’s departure to Warrington was confirmed, the rumour mill has been going into overdrive about who could potentially make the trip over the Pennines with him.

It’s always a possibility that a coach could cherry-pick some of his old club’s best players, just as Ian Watson did at Huddersfield with the likes of Luke Yates and Josh Jones – albeit the latter via Hull FC – so it’s unsurprising that some Castleford fans fear a similar exodus.

But, just which players could Daryl Powell take with him?

Jake Trueman

This is perhaps the number one rumour currently doing the rounds following the news of Powell’s departure. Having brought Jake Trueman to the club when the halfback was just 17, the Bradford-born playmaker has improved drastically in his time under Powell’s tutelage. And, Powell has made no secret of his admiration for the 22-year-old which could see him lend a word in the Warrington board’s ear to bring him to the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

Paul McShane

Warrington have Daryl Clark and Danny Walker in their ranks, but with the former linked to a move to the NRL with the Gold Coast Titans, the Wolves may be searching for a new hooker at the end of 2021. And, one such player touted as a replacement is Paul McShane who has been at Castleford since the middle of 2015. The Man of Steel in 2020, McShane has been one of the Tigers’ most important players in recent seasons and Powell has always been a big fan of the hooker.

Liam Watts

One slightly out of left-field due to the arrival of a new child and plenty of business movements in Castleford, but Liam Watts could just be what Warrington are missing up front. Never one to take a backwards step on the field, the prop forward has settled superbly under Powell, reining in the ill-discipline that cost him his job at Hull FC. And, Warrington would definitely reap the rewards.

Jacques O’Neill

Rumoured to have signed a new deal at Castleford, this one could be non-sensical, but Jacques O’Neill has had his admirers following a breakthrough year in 2020. The 21-year-old more than mixed it with the big boys last season, but it’s now time to crack on and put more minutes out there on the field. Powell has blooded him through the Tigers academy and may see enough in O’Neill to coax Warrington to put in a big offer.

Derrell Olpherts

With Tom Lineham and Matty Ashton out-of-contract at the end of 2021, Warrington may look elsewhere for three-quarter options and Derrell Olpherts could be the man. Having joined Castleford ahead of the 2020 season, the winger was perhaps one of the most improved players across Super League last year and Powell can take a lot of responsibility for that with his man-management skills up there amongst the best. And, the outgoing boss could well extend that beyond 2021.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/five-cas ... ton-38479/