Is the Cas game on TV?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Is the Cas game on TV?

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Got the last three minutes and the replay of the tries, good win though from the commentary we seemed to make hard work of it. Annoyed with the RFL but happy with the two points. I have just been told that the production company are a tin pot firm from Leeds. Says it all really, nothing good has ever come out of Yorkshire and the RFL are a level below useless and penny pinchers.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

As a non season ticket holder I was thinking earlier I would have happily paid to watch.

Therefore RL is losing out on not having a pay per view option on all games.

Given how tight money is in sport, this needs to be addressed.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

East Stand Faithful wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:04 pm As a non season ticket holder I was thinking earlier I would have happily paid to watch.

Therefore RL is losing out on not having a pay per view option on all games.

Given how tight money is in sport, this needs to be addressed.
i was just saying to the missus, in this day and age, surely you should have a choice to watch and pay for who you choose......i thought it was stupid to playa game thursday that wasnt on sky
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Who was the captain tonight?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:29 pm Who was the captain tonight?
Heard Milko say Faz led them out but then he said Bateman was having a talk with the ref?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:02 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:29 pm Who was the captain tonight?
Heard Milko say Faz led them out but then he said Bateman was having a talk with the ref?
Thank you
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A good win in the end. Cas looked gassed with around 15-20 to go. The fitness of our lads is quite something. Opposition teams simply can't keep up with our intensity and pace for 80 mins.
French at times seems to be quiet then next things he explodes and his pace leaves them for dead.
Good play going left for his first try where he went round the outside of Olpherts with his pace.
Hastings followed a great break out of our half and from mid field put a kick in on the third wide out when their fb was central and French had a clear run in behind Olpherts.

A really tough win and the players will know they've done well and won well.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Much like the pattern of the Leeds game, I thought. Kicking game improved in the second half after seemingly satisfying ourselves with distance in the first half. And yeah, Cas looked gassed (none more so than Olpherts!), and again our bench swarmed all over them. Great to see French back. Do we give someone else a go at the goal-kicking? And for all Crabtree's moaning, i don't think there was anything wrong with Smith's kick and chase. He came within a rough bounce of getting to the ball.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Didn’t watch the game but how did Clubbs 20 minute spell go?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Big stick wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:28 pm Didn’t watch the game but how did Clubbs 20 minute spell go?
Jury out on him based on this evening.

On the Our League coverage, no complaints at my end, sorry a number of fans were affected though. The commentary wasn't too bad either and sounded enthusiastic which is a plus compared to Sky. The pictures also a good quality, expected it to be worse with abundant buffering but pleased to report the images were unaffected.

The Team continuing doing well in spite of the continued injury list - I can't understand why ours are always weeks/months of absences, what happened to the "he'll miss this week" type of injury ?