21-man squad v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: 21-man squad v Hull FC

Post by moto748 »

Re Shorrocks: I thought for sure he'd got that well-deserved try assist to Smith, but somehow we didn't score!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Byrne mom for me……. I also thought zak tried too hard and maybe was a tad greedy at times…… defo need bevan fullback next game…… bibby keeps on getting better and everybody did a stint but got dragged into there cheap tactics…… suprised connor didnt see red for the tackle and the slap on hackson was a definate professional foul and deserved 10
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Overall, especially against a side containing Jake Connor, I thought our discipline was pretty good.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 pm Byrne mom for me……. I also thought zak tried too hard and maybe was a tad greedy at times…… defo need bevan fullback next game…… bibby keeps on getting better and everybody did a stint but got dragged into there cheap tactics…… suprised connor didnt see red for the tackle and the slap on hackson was a definate professional foul and deserved 10
You are H!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:39 pm Sky... the racist allegation has soured this contest.

No sky... your team going on about it instead of talking about the match is what has soured the match.

If something was said then it will be dealt with, if nothing has been said Sky need to apologise.for constantly trying to bring wigan name into disrespute
Totally agree.

Why wasn't Clubb played in the 2nd half? Was he injured?

If not then why wasn't he played? Was it due to an accusation? If so then some serious questions need answering. By Lam.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:05 pm

If not then why wasn't he played?
Because to play him, we'd have to take a more productive player off the field?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

moto748 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:08 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:05 pm

If not then why wasn't he played?
Because to play him, we'd have to take a more productive player off the field?
In that case why was he in the 17?
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Super hard fought win tonight!

Hastings was superb with his game management, Smith looked more mature and confident tonight!

Excellent work rates by Shorrocks and Byrne! Big shout to Isa and Faz playing in the centres.

Are we presuming Tony didn't return in the 2nd half for 'other reasons'. He didn't look too bad in the 1st half I thought.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I think we got sucked into the jake Connor show at times but any win against your close rivals will do wasn't our best performance but a wins a win. Couldn't believe how much Hull slowed the play the ball down and how the chuckle brothers tried to find fault with any wigan try then tried to give the Griffin try even though he knocked on and didn't ground the ball after he'd knocked on
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:13 pm Super hard fought win tonight!

Hastings was superb with his game management, Smith looked more mature and confident tonight!

Excellent work rates by Shorrocks and Byrne! Big shout to Isa and Faz playing in the centres.

Are we presuming Tony didn't return in the 2nd half for 'other reasons'. He didn't look too bad in the 1st half I thought.
This is the point I making. Irrespective of him being cleared/found guilty of the accusations, there is absolutely NO justification of him not playing in the second half.

Lam's job is to win games. If he didn't play Clubb on the basis of an accusation (IF) then someone needs to have a word. A very strong word.