21-man squad v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: 21-man squad v Hull FC

Post by Wintergreen »

cherry toffee wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:17 pm I think we got sucked into the jake Connor show at times but any win against your close rivals will do wasn't our best performance but a wins a win. Couldn't believe how much Hull slowed the play the ball down and how the chuckle brothers tried to find fault with any wigan try then tried to give the Griffin try even though he knocked on and didn't ground the ball after he'd knocked on
I think Jake Connor got sucked into the Jake Connor show. And we won the game on account of it.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:09 pm
moto748 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:08 pm
Wintergreen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:05 pm

Why wasn't Clubb played in the 2nd half? Was he injured?

If not then why wasn't he played?
Because to play him, we'd have to take a more productive player off the field?
In that case why was he in the 17?
Ah. To that koan, grasshopper, I have no answer! :D
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:02 pm
Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 pm Byrne mom for me……. I also thought zak tried too hard and maybe was a tad greedy at times…… defo need bevan fullback next game…… bibby keeps on getting better and everybody did a stint but got dragged into there cheap tactics…… suprised connor didnt see red for the tackle and the slap on hackson was a definate professional foul and deserved 10
You are H!
Took me a while to understand that
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Thought Smithies had a good game, but Byrne and Shorrocks working together really contained Hull.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:05 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:39 pm Sky... the racist allegation has soured this contest.

No sky... your team going on about it instead of talking about the match is what has soured the match.

If something was said then it will be dealt with, if nothing has been said Sky need to apologise.for constantly trying to bring wigan name into disrespute
Totally agree.

Why wasn't Clubb played in the 2nd half? Was he injured?

If not then why wasn't he played? Was it due to an accusation? If so then some serious questions need answering. By Lam.
All of our experienced props are contributing little in terms of time on the pitch.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Hard fought win tonight. Thought both teams put in great defensive work. Smith is looking good for filling Hastings boots, he should of gone the line himself though instead of trying the pass inside. All the the forwards were good tonight, Farrell did good for me he never lets you down.
And can the commentators please stop going on about Connor!
For me he’s an ok player, nothing special but a gob shite, the only reason people know who he is because Barrie and terry can’t shut up about him!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:57 pm Hard fought win tonight. Thought both teams put in great defensive work. Smith is looking good for filling Hastings boots, he should of gone the line himself though instead of trying the pass inside. All the the forwards were good tonight, Farrell did good for me he never lets you down.
And can the commentators please stop going on about Connor!
For me he’s an ok player, nothing special but a gob shite, the only reason people know who he is because Barrie and terry can’t shut up about him!
Sam Tomkins is in a different class.
Coliflower

Post by Coliflower »

I think Taylor injury was a big problem for Hull in this match . This didn’t help their energy late in the match. We wouldn’t have won the match without Hastings know how. With Reynolds back next week we need to come up with some new plays to beat them, Perhaps interchange Hardaker and French at full back during the game depending on field position and possession. We didn’t get French on the ball tonight.
What was French supposed to do with two on him with one with his knee on the ball whilst he retreated . At least Child evened it up with the knock on decision.
Harry Smith needs to be told to dab through at the line on the last tackle. He never did this once tonight.
Good win but we need to do more to win cup match . Remember the league win against Hkr and then they played Aussie half back in the cup at Leigh and Sarginsons pass did the rest

First post ,

Hope o.k.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:17 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:13 pm Super hard fought win tonight!

Hastings was superb with his game management, Smith looked more mature and confident tonight!

Excellent work rates by Shorrocks and Byrne! Big shout to Isa and Faz playing in the centres.

Are we presuming Tony didn't return in the 2nd half for 'other reasons'. He didn't look too bad in the 1st half I thought.
This is the point I making. Irrespective of him being cleared/found guilty of the accusations, there is absolutely NO justification of him not playing in the second half.

Lam's job is to win games. If he didn't play Clubb on the basis of an accusation (IF) then someone needs to have a word. A very strong word.
I thought we did win?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Coliflower wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:42 am I think Taylor injury was a big problem for Hull in this match . This didn’t help their energy late in the match. We wouldn’t have won the match without Hastings know how. With Reynolds back next week we need to come up with some new plays to beat them, Perhaps interchange Hardaker and French at full back during the game depending on field position and possession. We didn’t get French on the ball tonight.
What was French supposed to do with two on him with one with his knee on the ball whilst he retreated . At least Child evened it up with the knock on decision.
Harry Smith needs to be told to dab through at the line on the last tackle. He never did this once tonight.
Good win but we need to do more to win cup match . Remember the league win against Hkr and then they played Aussie half back in the cup at Leigh and Sarginsons pass did the rest

First post ,

Hope o.k.
Welcome to the site 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan