21-man squad v Hull FC

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Re: 21-man squad v Hull FC

Post by Southern Softy »

Smithies - best game of the season. Really outstanding, disciplined and level-headed.
Farrell - still the first name on the teamsheet.
Isa - playing well above what we've seen before.

The match was as ugly as I feared because of truly inadequate refereeing. French's 'knock-on' was the result of Hull spoiling and grabbing for an eternity - should have been a penalty. The try on the field for Hull was unbelievable. At no stage was there ant evidence for a try and fair play to Ben Thaler for chalking it off. Not one forward pass called all night.
If Lam has any sense (discuss!) he would be all over the media about Hull's spoiling tactics to alert whoever is reffing the Cup match. I fear a Salford situation where the oppo coach learns form the first match and Lam doesn't.
Both of our wings are iffy under the high ball. AT least Bibby redeemed giving a try away where he jumped out of the line and was caught in no man's land by scoring a very good one.
Harry Smith was the 'girl with a curl.' When he was good, he was very, very good and when he was bad, he was horrid. On balance the good outweighed the bad,
And I don't want to have a pop at Bateman who is world-class but please can someone tell him to pass sometimes. Bibby's try only came about with fast hand and JB not being in the line.
As for Jake Conner - not in the same universe as Zak or Sam T.

It was a win and we'll be glad of that at season end. Previous years we might well have lost it.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Also, has Bullock got an injury problem? He comes on - makes yards and is then whisked off and hardly seen again. Puzzling.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:16 am
warriors01 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:10 am Good result. Bevan was poor at fault for both of their tries. Hardaker made some poor decisions in attack and needs to leave the goal kicking to Smith who is a natural kicker. Could be costly in CC. The young forwards got us through Byrne, Smithies and Shorrocks who is getting better all the time, and is going to put pressure on Partington at loose forward because he has better handling skills, as seen in the pass he threw to Hastings in assisting Bibbys try. As for Clubb if true should not play again for Wigan and Kilner should be given a chance.
What is Smiths goal kicking conversion ratio from the academy?

I don’t think there’s any pressure on Partington at loose, he’s doing great!
Not a clue on Smiths stats but he would knock them over for fun from all angles in his academy days.

That said he was brilliant and woeful at times last night limping kicking duties on his shoulders would be unfair on him in my humble opinion
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Tony Clubbs been suspended from all activities by the club during the ongoing investigation
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Does this mean that Conner and Fash are suspended for the cup match? I'm assuming that they are.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Southern Softy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:48 pm Does this mean that Conner and Fash are suspended for the cup match? I'm assuming that they are.
Yes. Faraimo is available though, he’s served his 2 match ban.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Coliflower

Post by Coliflower »

Is Faraimo available? I thought the first game he missed was against us last Thursday and his second would be the cup game.
Is Connor appealing his one match ? If not , then no re-match with Zak ,which would be a good thing for our discipline and fewer pens conceded?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:32 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:48 pm Does this mean that Conner and Fash are suspended for the cup match? I'm assuming that they are.
He’s only missed one game Josie.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:51 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:32 pm
He’s only missed one game Josie.
Oh yeah I was looking at the three different disciplinary dates 😳

Bureta Faraimo (Hull FC) - Grade C High Tackle - 2 Match Penalty Notice 26 Apr 2021

https://www.rugby-league.com/championsh ... view-panel
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan