Hastings Replacement.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by ddtftf »

Heard a whisper George may be back for a special occasion with his girlfriend just a whisper :o
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 am Heard a whisper George may be back for a special occasion with his girlfriend just a whisper :o
Birth of their child.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:20 pm
ddtftf wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:00 am Heard a whisper George may be back for a special occasion with his girlfriend just a whisper :o
Birth of their child.
I thought the same 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

medlocke wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:43 pm Christ on a bike, If true then this proves the club has no real ambition, Sick to death of bringing back former players, They rarely work out, They should be trying to lure a big name from the NRL rather than a former player that has "upped his game", Maybe he looks a lot better due to having a great NRL team around him, I'd put money on him being the same headless chicken IF he came back, There used to be a time fans of this club craved big name signings. :evil:
If he wasn't a former player I am pretty sure everyone would be buzzing to have a player who has been doing as well as him in the NRL. And not due only to the team he has around him. Don't really see your issue here. Who (realistically) could we get or would you rather have from the NRL in that position? I can't see anyone but Williams.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Come on medlocke, when was the last time a UK club signed a top class aussie who wasn't past their best or in need of rehabilitating their career? Superleague teams just can't affors it and the top aussies don't want to come here. George would be the best available and we could rely on him not wanting to go back over there.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Last player was Ryan Hoffman. Step above any second row in SL and playes SOO when he went back after a sacrifice season with us. As you say no other class player in their prime has come here in 15 years apart from Hoff.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Well remembered gimble, I'd forgotten about Hoffman, what a great player he was for us. I think one of the reasons he left Melbourne was their salary cap issue and he did go back to them for a spell. If anybody else has suggestions about top aussie players that have moved over here, in recent years, whilst at least as good as any of the best U.K. super league players please feel free to name them. In particular, any 'playmakers' the type of player that could replace someone like Jackson
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm Take this with a pinch of salt.... Wigan are planning to explore the possibility of luring Williams back for next season. That is their first choice. I very much doubt it happens.
George has told Wigan he wants to come back. Don't listen to any links/rumours with other SL clubs.

(As of now id say 80% sure he is in cherry and white again next season) I did not think it would happen when I first found out Wigan want him back.

Also on the George Burgess front. There is a growing confidence that he may play again.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 am
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm Take this with a pinch of salt.... Wigan are planning to explore the possibility of luring Williams back for next season. That is their first choice. I very much doubt it happens.
George has told Wigan he wants to come back. Don't listen to any links/rumours with other SL clubs.

(As of now id say 80% sure he is in cherry and white again next season) I did not think it would happen when I first found out Wigan want him back.

Also on the George Burgess front. There is a growing confidence that he may play again.
Good news & great news regarding Burgess 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:45 am
Dan2266 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 am

Good news & great news regarding Burgess 😊
Isn't he off cap and our salary now though?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐