Hastings Replacement.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:58 am
oval balls wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:33 pm Was told by someone I work with that George Williams is heading to wire and this person was informed by someone very close to George and that’s all I can say
Don’t know how accurate this info is or how it will pan out but as this is a rumour page.
I think someone may be trying to catch a few bites by saying that to the person you work with... I have it on good authority that Wigan are the only club he will be heading too. But, as you say, its a rumour page
How can there be so much confidence in this?

1 - Do we have this "first refusal"?
2 - Has Williams directly said it?

If none of the above are true then Williams has the freedom to choose where he goes and may opt for a club offering more money if that scenario happens?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:21 am
Dan2266 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:58 am
oval balls wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:33 pm Was told by someone I work with that George Williams is heading to wire and this person was informed by someone very close to George and that’s all I can say
Don’t know how accurate this info is or how it will pan out but as this is a rumour page.
I think someone may be trying to catch a few bites by saying that to the person you work with... I have it on good authority that Wigan are the only club he will be heading too. But, as you say, its a rumour page
How can there be so much confidence in this?

1 - Do we have this "first refusal"?
2 - Has Williams directly said it?

If none of the above are true then Williams has the freedom to choose where he goes and may opt for a club offering more money if that scenario happens?
1 - Yes, we have first refusal, as that was part of the transfer agreement.
2 - It has been communicated to the club that is preference is to return to Wigan over anyone else (By Williams' team not him personally)

3 - Wigan want George Williams, he is the priority over any other player/position

It will be a monumental f**k up for us not to sign him. (considering the cap space we have available)
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If in the above reply items 1,2 & 3 are correct then I'm sure George will be at Wigan next year.

That doesn't mean that won't hear stories about other clubs making an offer which I'm sure some will do. They will have to do that to pacify their fans as GW arriving at Wigan without any other offers to him will annoy, say, Wire and Leeds fans that a quality player is back in SL and they haven't even bothered making an offer.

George is quality and I'd be made up if he came back to Wigan.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Still waiting for these two NAILED ON props to appear :lol:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

medlocke wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:35 pm Still waiting for these two NAILED ON props to appear :lol:
1st one I said was Mulhern went to Wire instead, god knows where the other is. Gildarts leaving now so there's even more cap space to play with next season. Prop, Williams & Toby King would be ideal.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wests new stand off is decent….. he might get pushed out when jackson goes there…..cant remember his name but hes big for a half and has a good alroung game from what ive seen
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:53 pm Wests new stand off is decent….. he might get pushed out when jackson goes there…..cant remember his name but hes big for a half and has a good alroung game from what ive seen
Adam Doueihi?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:15 pm
Firestarter wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:53 pm Wests new stand off is decent….. he might get pushed out when jackson goes there…..cant remember his name but hes big for a half and has a good alroung game from what ive seen
Adam Doueihi?
Yes thats him pal…… hes decent
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:44 pm
Adam Doueihi?
Big tall fella
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:32 pm
Firestarter wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:44 pm

Adam Doueihi?
Big tall fella