Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Bullock signs for Warrington

Post by nathan_rugby »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:14 am
Barney841 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:02 am So your trying to tell me Lam won’t have a say in which players he wants or keeps?
If Bullock is out of contract Lam won't have a say if the player wants to leave. We don't know the full story yet.

Regards EW
Exactly.

Warrington May have thrown silly money at him. On his day he’s the best we have got but he is good at best.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:41 am
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:14 am
Barney841 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:02 am So your trying to tell me Lam won’t have a say in which players he wants or keeps?
If Bullock is out of contract Lam won't have a say if the player wants to leave. We don't know the full story yet.

Regards EW
Exactly.

Warrington May have thrown silly money at him. On his day he’s the best we have got but he is good at best.
Says it all really
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

If Lam says get rid of Bullock and sign me Klemmer do you think that Rads and IFL would just do it?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:46 am
If Lam says get rid of Bullock and sign me Klemmer do you think that Rads and IFL would just do it?
Isn't Lam also out of contract this year? Do you think Klemmer would leave the NRL, I don't.

Oh by the way it's not just Wigan who have lots of players out of contract.

In fact we are one of the clubs with fewest.
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/every-pl ... lub-38516/
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:59 am
I didn't say that. How do you know that Lam will be at Wigan next season?
I hope he isn’t to be honest. I think you can get more out of these players.
IL and Rads need a kick up the backside as well if they are letting bullock go and they don’t bring in one or two really good props
Charriots Offiah

No straw damn us wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:10 am
Isn't Lam also out of contract this year? Do you think Klemmer would leave the NRL, I don't.

I didn’t say he would, my point is that Lam may ask for certain players to be players to be brought into the club but the decision on recruitment is not in his hands.
Charriots Offiah

Barney841 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:36 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:59 am
I didn't say that. How do you know that Lam will be at Wigan next season?
I hope he isn’t to be honest. I think you can get more out of these players.
IL and Rads need a kick up the backside as well if they are letting bullock go and they don’t bring in one or two really good props
I agree.
eaststandspy

Re: Bullock

Post by eaststandspy »

OMG I'm furious, I have lost the will to live now. What's going on at MI5 Warriors? Joe Bullock our best prop by a mile possibly gone to Warrington 'no matter what the circumstances are' is the straw that has broke the camels back for me.
There is no information coming from the inner sanctum, just a few crumbs so reassure us like hold the line we are actively negotiating with potential targets, when we have some positive news we will let you know. The silence is deafening.
I am a season ticket holder, Wigan TV & Lotto subscriber and I bought quite a lot of merchandise when the club made an appeal for support during the winter, but right now I am questioning my loyalty.
The rarest commodity in rugby at the moment for me is a good prop so why don't we let our best one go to that well known Wigan rest home called Warrington. There are several other players leaving or possibly leaving, Hastings, Gildart, French, Leuluai, Clubb, Bullock & Isa, could all potentially leave.
I presume we have got Tom Burgess, Luke Thompson, Jake Wardle, Toby King and Aiden Sezer lined up to support our incredible crop of young players. I give up.
Charriots Offiah

No straw damn us wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:10 am

Not many good props available on that list. Two good lads at Catalan though, Davies and Sam Tomkins.
fozzieskem

Re: Bullock

Post by fozzieskem »

I’m neither here nor there about Bullock he simply hasn’t fulfilled his potential at Wigan for me but I do wonder what the market will be in regards to overseas players with the pandemic rumbling on?

I doubt wether French will stay tbh but if you look around SL many other overseas players are out of contract and will be moving on and what kind of player pool will be left once they’ve gone?