Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MadMaxWarrior

Re: Bullock

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

eaststandspy wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:44 pm OMG I'm furious, I have lost the will to live now. What's going on at MI5 Warriors? Joe Bullock our best prop by a mile possibly gone to Warrington 'no matter what the circumstances are' is the straw that has broke the camels back for me.
There is no information coming from the inner sanctum, just a few crumbs so reassure us like hold the line we are actively negotiating with potential targets, when we have some positive news we will let you know. The silence is deafening.
I am a season ticket holder, Wigan TV & Lotto subscriber and I bought quite a lot of merchandise when the club made an appeal for support during the winter, but right now I am questioning my loyalty.
The rarest commodity in rugby at the moment for me is a good prop so why don't we let our best one go to that well known Wigan rest home called Warrington. There are several other players leaving or possibly leaving, Hastings, Gildart, French, Leuluai, Clubb, Bullock & Isa, could all potentially leave.
I presume we have got Tom Burgess, Luke Thompson, Jake Wardle, Toby King and Aiden Sezer lined up to support our incredible crop of young players. I give up.
Couldn't agree more with this I think we are the only club that release "good news" with the bad as a bit of a softener. I'd much rather be kept in the light by the club then see plastered all over the internet. Even the Gildart exit hasnt been released yet the worst kept secret.

I thought out the lot of off contract players Bullock would be the 1st to be re-signed especially with his age.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Something going on here as players leaving or rumoured to be are numerous.
Players signed or rumoured to be signing none!

So why? Is it that the club are about to appoint a new coach for 2022 and the new man will want his own players signed and both the club and he a
re well down the road in achieving that?
Or, have the club negotiated with numerous players with Lam as 2022 coach and none of them as yet have signed a contract?

There's no doubt that this is the "signing season" and to be left behind narrows the options on players to bring in.

Would be intriguing to know what on earth is going on as the silence to us is starting to frustrate, where to the club this maybe just tactics on keeping quiet knowing progress has been made on some signings and is being made on others.

Either way I do hope we hear some good news very soon.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Has anyone thought the silence is because there is nothing to tell yet.

Regardless of if they happen or not these are still just rumours.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Thing is with Bullock hes a decent prop and he has a bit of size about him which if he goes that leaves a already lightweight pack shorter still
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:22 pm Thing is with Bullock hes a decent prop and he has a bit of size about him which if he goes that leaves a already lightweight pack shorter still
In the past(long time ago) we wouldn’t of batted an eyelid at someone like bullock going. He’s goes alright shows our other props(not hard) how to go forward.
Just shows how bad of a front row we have, and have done for years, but this has got to be the worst set off forwards we’ve had for a long time
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Heard off a relation of joes that he got offered double the wages from Warrington, not sure how accurate that is though. He must of been on a a small contract at Wigan if that’s the case. He is probably one of our better forwards but like people have said he hasn’t fulfilled his potential. I really rate havard and think if Liam Byrne can work on making more meters in contact we could have a good pack. We just need to add a couple of experience forwards to help bring them on.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Barney841 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:03 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:22 pm Thing is with Bullock hes a decent prop and he has a bit of size about him which if he goes that leaves a already lightweight pack shorter still
In the past(long time ago) we wouldn’t of batted an eyelid at someone like bullock going. He’s goes alright shows our other props(not hard) how to go forward.
Just shows how bad of a front row we have, and have done for years, but this has got to be the worst set off forwards we’ve had for a long time
Totally agree, Bullock was the best of a bad/young bunch. We need to invest in the forward line as a priority. I find it amazing we managed to be there or there abouts the past few seasons considering the disadvantage we are at compared to the other top sides packs.

If we had a couple of big bruising props id be confident in saying we would wipe the floor with everyone.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Smythies, Partington, faz, bateman in the worst set of forwards we've had for years? What happened to the potential that everyone was raving about
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Mike wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 8:53 am
Smythies, Partington, faz, bateman in the worst set of forwards we've had for years? What happened to the potential that everyone was raving about
Worst set of Props he probably means.
  • Clubb - Terrible
    Flower - Injury prone over last few years (I know hes now left)
    Burgess - Got injured, did nothing
    Singleton - Decent end of last season, average this season, good enough I would say
    Bullock - Makes good meters, soft tackler, him and Singleton great pairing end of last season but he isn't getting the minutes this year
    Clarke - Waste of money
Youngsters
- Havard - Great potential, good last season, dropped off a bit this season
- Byrne - Excellent aggression and attitude, would run through brick walls, needs to cut the errors and penalities and run at gaps rather than people
- Partington - Looks ok in first team, ball playing prop / prop playing at loose, happy with him
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

Worst set of Props he probably means.
  • Clubb - Terrible
    Flower - Injury prone over last few years (I know hes now left)
    Burgess - Got injured, did nothing
    Singleton - Decent end of last season, average this season, good enough I would say
    Bullock - Makes good meters, soft tackler, him and Singleton great pairing end of last season but he isn't getting the minutes this year
    Clarke - Waste of money
Youngsters
- Havard - Great potential, good last season, dropped off a bit this season
- Byrne - Excellent aggression and attitude, would run through brick walls, needs to cut the errors and penalities and run at gaps rather than people
- Partington - Looks ok in first team, ball playing prop / prop playing at loose, happy with him
[/quote]

Can you please tell me if Mitch Clarke has upset you in a past life. When he came on against Salford he made yards out of defence and was solid all round ( even though it was a pre-season friendly ).When he came on against Leigh he made one try with a barnstorming run of about 15mtrs after contact so he has it in his game. At Leigh apart from Singleton picking the balll up and “sprinting” at the end of the game, Clarke had as much go forward and was as good in defence as anyone. Give him a chance.
We have the history Sentelins wish they had