Wigan Walk!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Champions

Wigan Walk!

Post by Champions »

I couldn't beleive it! We all complain when people mock us about leaving early, but today when Leeds scored the final try, nearly half our fans walked out at the same time.....and yet we wonder why we have this reputation! Me and my mates stayed so long that we got asked to leave by stewards....the players had all left the field.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
pedro

Re: Wigan Walk!

Post by pedro »

The hooter went aftee the conversion so whats your point?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I went styraight after the try. Sorry but escaping the traffic chaos is more important than standing there to watch the conversion and hooter. I avoided the madness and was home in good time.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Champions posted:
I couldn't beleive it! We all complain when people mock us about leaving early, but today when Leeds scored the final try, nearly half our fans walked out at the same time.....and yet we wonder why we have this reputation! Me and my mates stayed so long that we got asked to leave by stewards....the players had all left the field.
Not true - 2 points in it, 4 mionutes left - very few fans left. After the last leeds try (Actually I was out of my seat when their prop offloaded and they got it to McGuire) and the match was over - literally. Thats when the fans left.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

This debate comes up alot, but on another note

We did wait to clap the team and were very unhappy most of the team never made it near the south stand and headed inside only a few bothered to come and clap us Dallas being one :(
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

i stayed until the end and it took forever to get home! people can leave when they like they are not hostages! the game was over and the best team on the night won.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

People can call me disloyal whatever. I aint getting stuck in those damn traffic jams and do you know some Leeds fans felt the same as I drove home behind two Leeds cars.
pedro

Post by pedro »

How can anyone say 'wigan walk'? Ive been at Saints and their fans have been leaving at half time!

All teams do it...its just our name sounds good
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exactly Pedro it's just something that rolls of the tongue. It happens everywhere
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Speaking of traffic trouble... did anyone get directed from the soccerdome gravel carpark being told it was for away fans only?