George William's released by Canberra

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Re: George William's released by Canberra

Post by Shaun1967 »

Things certainly don’t sound good at the Raiders.
If I were Radlinski I would be having a quiet in Ryan Sutton’s ear. They certainly never had a conscience over unsettling our players.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Re: George Williams
Post by Dan2266 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:27 am

Wes wrote: ↑Tue May 25, 2021 8:20 am
Come on Dan are we gona get him or what??ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Honestly, I would say yes. He did have a 4 year contract agreed starting 2022.

Its in Wigan's best interest to get it done now.

But I could also see it being announced that he has signed from 2022 onwards (and play for Leeds for 6 months now)

I Could also see Hastings heading to tigers immediately if we secure George immediately and not starting 2022

How/when its going to happen I do not know, but 100% he had agreed to sign for us from 2022 onwards. I've not heard anything since.

Only issue is I've only heard "Agreed" not "Signed"

Interesting Agar is ruling out signing Williams "Long Term"

I was told at first the highest likelihood was he signs the 2022 contract with Wigan and then signs a short term deal with Leeds.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:17 am Re: George Williams

But I could also see it being announced that he has signed from 2022 onwards (and play for Leeds for 6 months now)

I Could also see Hastings heading to tigers immediately if we secure George immediately and not starting 2022

How/when its going to happen I do not know, but 100% he had agreed to sign for us from 2022 onwards. I've not heard anything since.

I was told at first the highest likelihood was he signs the 2022 contract with Wigan and then signs a short term deal with Leeds.
Must admit that it doesn't sit well with me signing short term for someone else then for us next season on. If he really wants to play for us sign a short term deal with us for whatever we can afford on the cap then he gets the rewards in the next contract.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Fujiman wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:47 am

Must admit that it doesn't sit well with me signing short term for someone else then for us next season on. If he really wants to play for us sign a short term deal with us for whatever we can afford on the cap then he gets the rewards in the next contract.
I couldnt agree more fuji man……. With our shortage in the threequarters i could see zak to centre and george temporarily to fullback…… i know its moving him about but im sure he would fit just nicely….. hes quick, very good under the high ball, great hands and a very good tackler…… i know a lot of posters will probably disagree but i think its s temporary fit that would suite most of the players this season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveyGolb

Post by DaveyGolb »

Going back a bit, but surely Wire would be the least likely of moves after they've just re-signed King on what sounds like a massive contract?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:07 pm
Fujiman wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:47 am

I couldnt agree more fuji man……. With our shortage in the threequarters i could see zak to centre and george temporarily to fullback…… i know its moving him about but im sure he would fit just nicely….. hes quick, very good under the high ball, great hands and a very good tackler…… i know a lot of posters will probably disagree but i think its s temporary fit that would suite most of the players this season

I agree as well, After I was told Wigan were trying to sign him immediately then i thought the option of a short term deal then Wigan in 2022 was no longer an option. Hence why im saying its interesting Agar only ruled out “a long term deal” I dont think he goes to leeds anymore. But at the first stage when the immediate release came about that was the most likely scenario. I think now its Williams immediately to Wigan, once the legalities are sorted out
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

For a player to sign for a club, then move to another club for 6 months would be absolutely bonkers!

I'm not saying it is/isn't going to happen, but it makes no sense whatsoever.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wintergreen wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 1:20 pm For a player to sign for a club, then move to another club for 6 months would be absolutely bonkers!

I'm not saying it is/isn't going to happen, but it makes no sense whatsoever.
It does if we need any remaining cap space for a centre or prop....
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wes

Post by Wes »

1 Zak
2 Hanley/Marshall
3 Bibby
4 Gildart
5 Manfredi
6 Smith
7 Williams
8 Bullock
9 Hastings
10 Singleton
11 Farrell
12 Bateman
13 Powell

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wes wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:18 pm 1 Zak
2 Hanley/Marshall
3 Bibby
4 Gildart
5 Manfredi
6 Smith
7 Williams
8 Bullock
9 Hastings
10 Singleton
11 Farrell
12 Bateman
13 Powell

Why would you put Powell 13?

We already struggle to make yards as it is.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."