Wigan sign Ian Thornley 30 years old from Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Wigan sign Ian Thornley 30 years old from Leigh

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

JimmyMagnets wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:03 am See plenty bagging Thornley already! Didn't see many bagging him 1st time around.....[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
Bagged??

I called the re-signing of Thornley the first time we re-signed him

This is now the second time we have been panicked into wasting money on a talentless three-quarter who failed in his previous two stints at the club.

As for squad building. If he isn't going to be in the first team why waste money on him. This recruitment stinks of him being the replacing for Gildart

As for Gelling. I am finished with the club for ever if this is the "quality" it sees as moving the team forward and as fans if you cannot see you are being duped then please give me your bank details and log password in in the spaces below

-----------------------------

-----------------------------

-------------------------------
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Mike wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:03 pm
eaststandspy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:01 pm Yes Josie there is a tremendous amount of negativity which I suspect is born out of fan frustration,
Its the internet. Everyone on here has extreme views. The regular fan in the street isn't represented here.
They seem to be on Facebook
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Some of those groups on Facebook are terrible! I thought Redvee was bad for saints fans but some of the wigan posters on Facebook make me cringe!!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

endoman

Post by endoman »

Have we ever signed anyone 3 times before?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Sam Tomkins?
endoman

Post by endoman »

Sam was only 2 wasn't he, initial and from NZW? Thornley did some time in RU I think prior to us signing him a second time. My memory may fail me of course.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Why no link???? Should this be on Rumours thread?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:22 pm
eaststandspy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:01 pm Yes Josie there is a tremendous amount of negativity which I suspect is born out of fan frustration,
Its the internet. Everyone on here has extreme views. The regular fan in the street isn't represented here.
That’s why I rarely go on FB anymore with the constant moaning about Wigan Warriors & RL in general.

The political posts as well. I’m not politically minded but I did have a bit of a lambast on Twitter about the horrible little man Dominic Cummings! 😡
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:52 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:22 pm

That’s why I rarely go on FB anymore with the constant moaning about Wigan Warriors & RL in general.

The political posts as well. I’m not politically minded but I did have a bit of a lambast on Twitter about the horrible little man Dominic Cummings! 😡
I’ve taken a leaf out of your book Josie and am having a nice break from FB it’s nice wandering round the net for rugby news again,I don’t do Twitter so I’m clear of that cesspit.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Thornley to replace Gildart? Not ideal, obviously. If it came to that. And it might not. But if it meant we'd secured George Williams, I'd take it. We are top of the league now with two second-rowers playing in the centres most of the time. Another actual centre in the squad wouldn't hurt. And, as evidenced by our league position, halves win you more games than centres do.