21-man squad v Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: 21-man squad v Catalans

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:47 pm How the feck can a half ahead button be a red but 3 punches to the face be 10 min in the bin.
I said the same!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fizz Bomb

Post by Fizz Bomb »

moto748 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:18 pm Just as you ask yourself, can it get any worse... :roll:
After 6:18 it got a lot worse
We have the history Sentelins wish they had
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Well that was fun. Its been coming for a few weeks, we've been threatening it, and Catalans have also been threatening to cut loose as well, today we had both.

First things first (we were absolutely dreadful without doubt) but well played Catalans. They never gave us a sniff. Sam looked like the player who left us to go to NZ, Kasiano seems to save his best games for us.

Capped off by a moment of utter stupidity from Hardaker. From having 2 guys fighting over the fullback jersey next week we don't have a FB because he's getting at least 3 games for that. Not sure about 5 punches (albeit in retaliation) being a yellow though...

Week off now and we need to use that to regroup. Hopefully Gildart back and put things right against Huddersfield which will also be a tough game.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Tell me about it! I reckon that takes the biscuit for worst Wigan performance in some time.

A perfect coming together of all the failings we've shown this season.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Sorry but that was a disgrace. There's something badly wrong at Wigan at moment. Lam has to go now he is tactically inept and couldn't set a table let alone a team. This jobs for the boy's culture has to be wiped out and quickly. Had bad gut feelings for a few months now. Don't like slagging the team I love but something has to give at Wigan and hopefully soon.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

It's Bank Holiday weekend

I'm going to have a few drinks later and forget that rubbish performance asap
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:48 pm Hardaker has been a liability since he stated he was the best fb in super league he’s now struggling and making it worse - there’s no coincidence that it was Tomkins he went for imo
I was about to say exactly the same thing.

Grabbing player between the legs and head-butting Tomkin's - four games?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AndyNick wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:56 pm Well that was fun. Its been coming for a few weeks, we've been threatening it, and Catalans have also been threatening to cut loose as well, today we had both.

First things first (we were absolutely dreadful without doubt) but well played Catalans. They never gave us a sniff. Sam looked like the player who left us to go to NZ, Kasiano seems to save his best games for us.

Capped off by a moment of utter stupidity from Hardaker. From having 2 guys fighting over the fullback jersey next week we don't have a FB because he's getting at least 3 games for that. Not sure about 5 punches (albeit in retaliation) being a yellow though...

Week off now and we need to use that to regroup. Hopefully Gildart back and put things right against Huddersfield which will also be a tough game.
And that should spent bloody training never mind days off!

I do not like calling the team but that ‘display’ was just disgraceful. In fact there aren’t enough superlatives to describe what we have just witnessed! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:04 pm
AndyNick wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:56 pm Well that was fun. Its been coming for a few weeks, we've been threatening it, and Catalans have also been threatening to cut loose as well, today we had both.

And that should spent bloody training never mind days off!

I do not like calling the team but that ‘display’ was just disgraceful. In fact there aren’t enough superlatives to describe what we have just witnessed! 🤨
Oh I completely agree Josie. They should all get a rocket and be working doubly hard this week to put this right. When I said week off I meant no game. Based on today's showing they've had a week off!!!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:48 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:47 pm How the feck can a half ahead button be a red but 3 punches to the face be 10 min in the bin.
I can't argue about Zac's send off. As for Joel - well he is renowned for being protective of his brother but I'm sure he will get a ban also
I have no issue with the Red, I am speechless that tommins only got yellow.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.