If we are looking for cheap signings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Barney841

If we are looking for cheap signings

Post by Barney841 »

If IL and Rads are looking for cheap options and if we are needing a winger, I’d look at Ryan Hall.
Prolific try scorer, and that’s in not great Hull KR side, he decent in defence and is a big strong lad. Obviously maybe of lost a little pace because of his age, still worth a look
Charriots Offiah

Re: If we are looking for cheap signings

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:09 am If IL and Rads are looking for cheap options and if we are needing a winger, I’d look at Ryan Hall.
Prolific try scorer, and that’s in not great Hull KR side, he decent in defence and is a big strong lad. Obviously maybe of lost a little pace because of his age, still worth a look
He won’t come cheap.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

The wing position will be well down the list of priorities I’d imagine. We’ve got Manfredi and Marshall, with back up from Bibby, Hanley and then even somebody like Thornley next season (presuming we sign up Manfredi and Bibby which I think we will).

Props x2 or 3 and a top halfback have to be the priorities and if the budget allowed another centre IMO.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

We need to recruit for the Reserve comp next season so we might see some more eye brow raising signings.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:49 pm We need to recruit for the Reserve comp next season so we might see some more eye brow raising signings.
Where has this "we need to recruit for the reserve comp" thing come from? It's the second post I have seen that mentions this.

It's ridiculous. We are supposed to be strapped for cash and yet the idea is to run around spending money recruiting players to run a second string team when we clearly can't afford a decent pack for the first team?

It's just the latest excuse for the management's poor recruitment.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:10 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:49 pm We need to recruit for the Reserve comp next season so we might see some more eye brow raising signings.
Where has this "we need to recruit for the reserve comp" thing come from? It's the second post I have seen that mentions this.

It's ridiculous. We are supposed to be strapped for cash and yet the idea is to run around spending money recruiting players to run a second string team when we clearly can't afford a decent pack for the first team?

Not ridiculous, new signings for 2022 could well have one eye on the reserves restarting in 2022 - hopefully.
If not, and the pack isn't strengthened, then the reserves might be our best chance of a trophy next season :oops:
The management need to find a better excuse for what is going on right now - or there be precious few of us left to hear it.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:57 pm

Not ridiculous, new signings for 2022 could well have one eye on the reserves restarting in 2022 - hopefully.
If not, and the pack isn't strengthened, then the reserves might be our best chance of a trophy next season :oops:
The management need to find a better excuse for what is going on right now - or there be precious few of us left to hear it.
You don't sign players in order to have a good reserve side!!!

Those players NOT good enough or out of form are those who play in the reserves. If you seriously think we should be recruiting to make sure we have a competitive reserve side then I call you out Kris Radlinski :lol:

Seriously I have no issue with the reserves per se, but I wouldn't want them to be more "successful" than the first team - that logic defies belief
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:08 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:57 pm

You don't sign players in order to have a good reserve side!!!

Those players NOT good enough or out of form are those who play in the reserves. If you seriously think we should be recruiting to make sure we have a competitive reserve side then I call you out Kris Radlinski :lol:

Seriously I have no issue with the reserves per se, but I wouldn't want them to be more "successful" than the first team - that logic defies belief

"You don't sign players in order to have a good reserve side!!!"

Disagree, a good reserve side is the correct nusery for the first team - as a top side we are required to have a reserve team from next season on - might as well be a good one?

"I wouldn't want them to be more "successful" than the first team - that logic defies belief"

Agreed, and that was tongue in cheek, hence the emoji, logically all fans would want the U16s, U19s, reserves and first team to do well. Most of all I'd want the first team to be Super League and WCC Champions - thats my logic :)
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

The reserve team should be a stepping stone between the academy and first team, any coach will tell you that's the objective to produce first team players it doesn't matter if they lose as long as some players make the step up, of course we would all like them to win but that's not the real goal
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:32 pm
Barney841 wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:09 am If IL and Rads are looking for cheap options and if we are needing a winger, I’d look at Ryan Hall.
He won’t come cheap.
I honestly don’t think he would be that expensive.
He’s at the tail end of his career and is no longer an international