First Coaching Casualty.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Dan2266

Re: First Coaching Casualty.

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:39 am
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:27 am Its John Duffy, slightly Harsh imo.
No surprise let’s be fair Leigh haven’t put together a 20 minute performance this season let alone a full game
Ran us close twice, I don't know what they expect a coach to do with their squad, it wouldn't shock me if they didn't win a game all season to be honest.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:41 am
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:39 am
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:27 am Its John Duffy, slightly Harsh imo.
No surprise let’s be fair Leigh haven’t put together a 20 minute performance this season let alone a full game
Ran us close twice, I don't know what they expect a coach to do with their squad, it wouldn't shock me if they didn't win a game all season to be honest.
Ok 2 games that they where ok till half time then lost easily.

Now I don’t know Duffy nor his exploits but to me he’s a good solid championship coach the step up was always going to be a big one,as for the squad well again it’s a championship squad isn’t it and the results are showing that.

It’s a shame but they knew that when the (foolishly in my opinion)went after the vacant place it was a huge poison chalice and one that will bite them with relegation,as for Duffy I think he will bounce back not to damaged from this I hope
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They were in a losing position from the off! It’s crazy they don’t get as much funding as the rest of the league & only introduced to SL late.

I feel sorry for any championship club that comes up as the step up in the intensity of games can be too much in one season.

That’s why I was always in favour of the 3 year licensing agreement.

And if they, the RFL, had maintained this & the rules regarding the grounds/stadiums, Castleford & Wakefield would been long gone! Pity that 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:03 am They were in a losing position from the off! It’s crazy they don’t get as much funding as the rest of the league & only introduced to SL late.

I feel sorry for any championship club that comes up as the step up in the intensity of games can be too much in one season.

That’s why I was always in favour of the 3 year licensing agreement.

And if they, the RFL, had maintained this & the rules regarding the grounds/stadiums, Castleford & Wakefield would been long gone! Pity that 😉
I think you’re right Josie a 3 year licensing arrangement needs to happen quickly,I’ve always defended promotion/relegation in RL but to me it’s clear and the pandemic has hastened it I feel,clubs need that time to sort themselves out rather than the usual rush to sign the dog botherer’s,has been and never will be from down under
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Leigh Centurions part ways with head coach John Duffy

Exclusive: John Duffy has left Leigh Centurions with immediate effect

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... dium=email
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Is Micky Higham still involved with Leigh?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:11 am Is Micky Higham still involved with Leigh?
Don't Know Josie, Warrington's assistant is supposedly already lined up for the job
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:28 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:11 am Is Micky Higham still involved with Leigh?
Don't Know Josie, Warrington's assistant is supposedly already lined up for the job
Briers?

Could be a good appointment to be honest
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Not Briers, Pretty sure he already left Warrington, Andrew Henderson is the name being thrown around
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:08 am Not Briers, Pretty sure he already left Warrington, Andrew Henderson is the name being thrown around
Henderson is like Marshall well thought of but untested at this level it’s not a job I’d go looking for that’s for sure