Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:05 am I agree with letting Dom go if we are bringing someone in.
It’s a shame for him with all these injuries he’s had, as he would of been the best winger in the comp.
I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite Wigan though as I think french looks abit shaky on the wing and we don’t know how much marshys injury has effected him yet.
Bibby is ok on the wing but he just lacks that bit of pace
I though in speed tests Bibby was quicker than French.

I've never though of Bibby as slow.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:05 am I agree with letting Dom go if we are bringing someone in.
It’s a shame for him with all these injuries he’s had, as he would of been the best winger in the comp.
I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite Wigan though as I think french looks abit shaky on the wing and we don’t know how much marshys injury has effected him yet.

Bibby is this years Matty Smith nothing he does will good enough.

Fine player for my money
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:07 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:03 pm

Bibby is this years Matty Smith nothing he does will good enough.

Fine player for my money
I’ve nothing against bibby I rate him, I just don’t think he’s winger.
On his speed, he might be quick over a good distance, just maybe not quick off the mark
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

To assess the way this has been handled you have to look at the bigger picture i.e. how the club has dealt with this over a longer term.

The club was seemingly well thought of for standing by a player who had a very serious injury. Then when he came back he was injured again but the club still let Tom Davies leave who must have wondered what he'd done wrong to be behind an injury prone player. It's no surprise he wanted to leave (which I believe he did).

In my opinion it should never have come this this. Manfredi should have been released when it became apparent how long he was going to be out for. It's a salary capped sport and under Mo Lindsay he'd have gone and Davies would have been given a deal.

Manfredi is very lucky he's been kept on so long. My issue with the club is not that they suddenly decided to let him go and this is disloyal (it isn't) but they wasted a first team slot, wasted cap space and probably lost his direct replacement to Les Cats as a result of prevaricating for so long.

Manfredi's replacement look to be this bloke from London which if true is a joke.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 pm To assess the way this has been handled you have to look at the bigger picture i.e. how the club has dealt with this over a longer term.

The club was seemingly well thought of for standing by a player who had a very serious injury. Then when he came back he was injured again but the club still let Tom Davies leave who must have wondered what he'd done wrong to be behind an injury prone player. It's no surprise he wanted to leave (which I believe he did).

In my opinion it should never have come this this. Manfredi should have been released when it became apparent how long he was going to be out for. It's a salary capped sport and under Mo Lindsay he'd have gone and Davies would have been given a deal.

Manfredi is very lucky he's been kept on so long. My issue with the club is not that they suddenly decided to let him go and this is disloyal (it isn't) but they wasted a first team slot, wasted cap space and probably lost his direct replacement to Les Cats as a result of prevaricating for so long.

Manfredi's replacement look to be this bloke from London which if true is a joke.
How do you release a contracted player?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pemps

Post by pemps »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 pm Manfredi's replacement look to be this bloke from London which if true is a joke.
Not trying to be argumentative here but why is it a joke?

What do you know about him? According to wikipedia he's scored 8 tries in 8 games for London. He's scored 9 tries in 9 games for Lebanon and also kicked 10 goals. Granted he's not played much NRL first grade but neither had Hamlin or Field.

I appreciate that no there SL team have been linked to him as far as I'm aware... But does every SL scouting team spread their web as wide as the Aus lower leagues?

Now he may turn out to be dogsh!t, who knows, but there's been many superstars who've signed for us for big contracts who've been massive let downs.

It may be worth giving him a chance. It's not like we're signing a playmaker who's never played at the top level regularly.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pemps wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:57 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 pm Manfredi's replacement look to be this bloke from London which if true is a joke.

What do you know about him? According to wikipedia he's scored 8 tries in 8 games for London. He's scored 9 tries in 9 games for Lebanon and also kicked 10 goals. Granted he's not played much NRL first grade but neither had Hamlin or Field.

I appreciate that no there SL team have been linked to him as far as I'm aware... But does every SL scouting team spread their web as wide as the Aus lower leagues?

Now he may turn out to be dogsh!t, who knows, but there's been many superstars who've signed for us for big contracts who've been massive let downs.

It may be worth giving him a chance. It's not like we're signing a playmaker who's never played at the top level regularly.
Good post
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:37 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:35 pm To assess the way this has been handled you have to look at the bigger picture i.e. how the club has dealt with this over a longer term.

Quite easily. How do you think G Burgess was released? It's actually in the rules how it's done and why it can be done.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:03 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:37 pm

Quite easily. How do you think G Burgess was released? It's actually in the rules how it's done and why it can be done.
I wouldn't say Quite Easy if the player doesn't want to be released though. Sounded like GB was happy with the terms.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pemps wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:57 pm

What sort of recommendation is scoring those tries for London and Lebanon? Who were they against? He played 6 games for Manly and then went to London.

We have spent three years nursing an injury prone player, have let two other proven SL wingers in Burgess and Davies leave and the replacement appears to be a championship player which is a total gamble. How is this not a joke?