Williams as it stands.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Williams as it stands.

Post by Caboosegg »

I don't see the issue with predications regardless of if they are deductive reasoning, actual inside knowledge or rumour, they create discussion and fill up the RL void on weeks off :)
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I have been Dan's biggest thorn and questioned him many times. I don't mind admitting I was wrong most of what he has said on here as been correct regardless of how he gets it that's what a forum is about and I now look forward to his post s . The only axe i had to grind was regarding the slating he and others had of hastings.on that he was wrong. But he is steadfast on what he says and for that has my respect. But healthy debate and views are also good .
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:50 pm I have been Dan's biggest thorn and questioned him many times. I don't mind admitting I was wrong most of what he has said on here as been correct regardless of how he gets it that's what a forum is about and I now look forward to his post s . The only axe i had to grind was regarding the slating he and others had of hastings.on that he was wrong. But he is steadfast on what he says and for that has my respect. But healthy debate and views are also good .
I have no issue against Hastings, all I tried to get across was the club were genuinly concerned he wouldn't return, as Wests were pressuring him to stay in Aus. Initially Hastings did refuse to come home, thats a fact. But, I was wrong, he did come home. If we want to get technical I was wrong about the Prop to a certain extent. Was told he had signed as he was due in to sign that day, things change in an instand but I can all guarantee you that whatever I say on here at the point of saying it has came from the Club. So at time of posting it is correct, but ofcourse it can always change and ultimately make me look silly.

Appreciate the words keptinthedarkfans 👍🏻
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

No problem man enough to admit when I am wrong.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:14 pm Gildart had a NRL deal in place before covid. I said this. No one else did, no reporters did.

Im yet to see any fan predict any of this 🤣🤣
Hi Dan, I really believe you have insider info (more than most which will annoy some on here)

However, Unless you are "cherry warrior" The "news" about Gildart going was originally 2018. I posted as such then and even knew that he had agreed terms with West Tigers. Just Wigan wouldn't give him the early release he asked for

Feel sure if someone can be bothered they will look through the rumour mill for the posts where I even confirmed this was Wests

He's never been the same player since he was refused the release

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34917
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Was any one in the least bit surprised about Gildart?

Now if he was staying then that’s have been the shock not the other way round it was more where he was going to end up I suppose that was he going to go.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

irl_warr wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:18 pm First post and a little dramatic, but my source at Salford (through Budge) is absolutely sure GW has signed up for Wire, did so on Friday. He wanted a new challenge in fresh environment. Pretty sure Trueman will follow Powell for 2022 also.

Dan if you ask your source today, I am more than sure they will go cold on the deal happening :roll:
George has not signed for Warrington as of today.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

thegimble wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:39 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:14 pm
Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:58 pm

To be fair you hardly needed any “inside information” to make those predictions. Pretty much any fan could of predicted them.

Gildart had a NRL deal in place before covid. I said this. No one else did, no reporters did.

I said Wigan wanted Williams back - before rumours of his homesickness. No one else did, no reporters did.

I was the first to mention Wigan had a confidence in Burgess. No one else did.

I mentioned Toby King interest a week before it hit the media.

I told you all Williams future would be sorted friday - it largely was. No one else said this until after the meeting.

I said before anyone else Bateman was coming back, Gildart was going.

I said We had signed a prop because I was told we had. Mulhern didnt turn up to sign the contract. His agent informed Wigan he signed for Wire.

No one had reported on the “2 props” I said (Mulhern & Livett) until after Livett had signed for cas, someone reported “late interest” from Wigan.

I said before anyone else Bullock has signed for Wire.

Im yet to see any fan predict any of this 🤣🤣

But whatever makes you sleep at night, sounds like someone is salty because they find out things on a message board and don't have access to people themselves 😅😅
Dont react to ppl who get smart after the event. Your right most of the time.
Dan, I agree with the gimble and others. I read your posts with interest and accept that you are mostly right.

Now I'm giving friendly advice here rather than criticism, but, if I were you I'd ignore the "knockers". You'll always get them, and tbh it gets a bit tiresome reading you justifying yourself - it's the news and inside information that we're interested in.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Keep on posting Dan and please don't worry about any negative comments. We all know how quickly things can change in sport.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Read all of the above and taken it onboard 👍🏻

Apologies if I missed someones post RE Gildart in 2018 I only joined this in 2020.

Lets just hope the club get recruitment right ahead of next year 🍒⚪️❤️