Small Updates.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Small Updates.

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:49 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:35 pm Sam Tomkins weeks ago said he wants to finish his career in Perpignan! He can stay there for me!
I think its always going to be a rumour or at least a topic of conversation around the club.

I don't like what he did to Wigan and they were quite right to show him the door. But what a player. Would improve us massively.
I didn’t like what he did to the club either. And agree with your comment about being shown the door.

No player is bigger than the club IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

@Dan,

Is Thornley joining with plans for him to be a starting centre or to provide cover?

What is the clubs plans with Bibby? Starting wing or centre next year or to provide cover?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:07 pm @Dan,

Is Thornley joining with plans for him to be a starting centre or to provide cover?

What is the clubs plans with Bibby? Starting wing or centre next year or to provide cover?
No Idea mate, ddtftf said that Thornley was a direct replacement for Gildart (id listen to him), Id assume Zak goes to FB when Bevan leaves & Bibby plays centre. That's just my opinion anyway
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Rads is in discussions with George 😀
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:26 pm Rads is in discussions with George 😀
They have to turn the agreement into a contract somehow :D
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Is French definitely going. Heard he wants to stay.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:52 pm Is French definitely going. Heard he wants to stay.
The last I heard was that he was leaving at the end of the season along with Clark, Hankinson, Gildart & Hastings. this was a week or so before the Hastings announcement, so it may possibly of changed.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:02 am "Nothing Changed" with regards to Williams (as far as Wigan are letting on anyway)

Wigan have asked to be informed on Tom Davies's plans for 2022.

Talk around the club of a possible move for Sam Tomkins (Always will be so not news really)

Prop is high on the list of recruitment for 2022. :roll:

Contracts ready for Thornley & Mason.

Bibby is in talks over a new deal, as is Sam Powell.

My Contact has heard nothing of a move for Gelling.

If anyone has heard anything they want me to try and get more clarity on just drop me a message and I will try to find out.
I hope two props are high on the recruitment list, not just one.
Get two props and it’s one step forward but we need a hooker who has an attacking sense. Haven’t had a decent hooker since Mickey left.
Rads shows how inept he is by resigning former players time and time again.
Obviously he doesn’t have a sense of talented players and it shows
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I would like French to stay but think priority has to be as everyone is saying props not run of the mill tho good big go forward Thompson would be ideal.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Like it’s been said priority is props.
Ones that can get the other back peddling, it will then give our outside backs space on the outside and use their pace.
Be even better when marshy comes back, as long as he hasn’t lost too much pace as he was electric before his injury