Wigan Warriors' off-contract players whose futures are unresolved

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan Warriors' off-contract players whose futures are unresolved

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:07 am
medlocke wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:10 pm Keep
Isa
Bibby
French

Bin off everyone else
I heard that the club were trying to bring Eddy Pettybourne back on a short-term deal!
Works for me
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Keeping Powell would just show that the "it will do" attitude is the wigan way

i have no doubts it will happen but thats just depressing. I remember the uproar when shane millard was brought in because he was slow and undynamic - now some fans seem really happy with that - go figure
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 am Keeping Powell would just show that the "it will do" attitude is the wigan way

i have no doubts it will happen but thats just depressing. I remember the uproar when shane millard was brought in because he was slow and undynamic - now some fans seem really happy with that - go figure
While I understand your point regarding Powell I ask this,is there anyone better who available than him?,im not so sure there is frankly at the present time,no point binning a player off and bringing in worse than him/them surely?
Wes

Post by Wes »

Charriots Offiah wrote:
Wes wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:18 pm Let go of:-
French
Isa
Club
Leuluia
Powell

Keep:-
Manfredi
Bibby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
But who would you bring in Wes?
Jai Field for French
Farrell Bateman can both play 80 or spell with Smithies
Clubb comes under we need 2 big props banner
Leuluia is halting Smiths progression
Powell isn’t a game changer but wouldn’t mind him at 13 if we keep him.

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wes wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:43 am
Charriots Offiah wrote:
Wes wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:18 pm Let go of:-
French
Isa
Club
Leuluia
Powell

Keep:-
Manfredi
Bibby

But who would you bring in Wes?
Jai Field for French
Farrell Bateman can both play 80 or spell with Smithies
Clubb comes under we need 2 big props banner
Leuluia is halting Smiths progression
Powell isn’t a game changer but wouldn’t mind him at 13 if we keep him.

You must be joking. We are already struggling to make meters and you suggesting putting Powell at 13.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:26 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 am Keeping Powell would just show that the "it will do" attitude is the wigan way

While I understand your point regarding Powell I ask this,is there anyone better who available than him?,im not so sure there is frankly at the present time,no point binning a player off and bringing in worse than him/them surely?
I would hope we have scouts to find us someone - they dont need to be available as in off contract for us to make something happen.

But having a quick glance on off contract for a realistic target - Kyle Wood
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I think replacing Powell, as in to sign an improvement, would cost a lot of money and/or take up a lot more cap space than Powell himself does.

I would personally take a gamble on Danny Walker.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:29 pm

I would hope we have scouts to find us someone - they dont need to be available as in off contract for us to make something happen.

+1 for Kyle Wood
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sorry but you replace with better surely otherwise is just change for changes sake,it’s clearly not just Wigan who seem to be struggling to find players the market is stagnant clogged with the usual suspect who crop up every year or so
Wigan_forever1985

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:52 pm

Sorry but you replace with better surely otherwise is just change for changes sake,it’s clearly not just Wigan who seem to be struggling to find players the market is stagnant clogged with the usual suspect who crop up every year or so
I think Kyle Wood offers more than Powell