Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ddtftf

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by ddtftf »

Let Harry Smith organise and French at standoff would be a good combination to go forward with to bridge a gap when he is fit
DaveyGolb

Post by DaveyGolb »

Is nobody else hearing the fact that we may be after another winger?
I've been told (admittedly with a pinch of salt) that we were looking at Adam Swift from Hull..

Played as a 6/7 when he was younger and then moved out to the wing, has also played at fullback for hull this season and looked very assured?
Wes

Post by Wes »

ddtftf wrote:Let Harry Smith organise and French at standoff would be a good combination to go forward with to bridge a gap when he is fit

Will French be here next year?

I was thinking about Smith and Field, it’s unfortunate he got injured game 1 but doesn’t he see himself as a stand off.

If we get Williams great but if not let’s try Smith and Field and strengthen the squad in the prop department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

So, to sum up:

George is deffo coming to Wigan, though Wire are still trying....

...Oops! No, he signed for Wire but Wigan are still trying...or maybe pretending to try to pacify fans....

Anyway he was never any good, or he's only good behind a world-class pack made up of Bateman (who used to be good but isn't), Sutty who was a solid youngster but became good when he was playing in a world-class pack....oh, and Hodgson who we wouldn't have cos he's not as good as Roby or Clarke.

Also he's the wrong type of 7 for us, cos he only plays well with split halves and a 6 who can kick long.

Have I missed anything?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

morley pie eater wrote:So, to sum up:

...Oops! No, he signed for Wire but Wigan are still trying...or maybe pretending to try to pacify fans....

Anyway he was never any good, or he's only good behind a world-class pack made up of Bateman (who used to be good but isn't), Sutty who was a solid youngster but became good when he was playing in a world-class pack....oh, and Hodgson who we wouldn't have cos he's not as good as Roby or Clarke.

Also he's the wrong type of 7 for us, cos he only plays well with split halves and a 6 who can kick long.

Have I missed anything?

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:04 am So, to sum up:

Have I missed anything?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nail on head, I've asked again this morning whats going on, but not had a reply yet :lol: :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:48 am Let Harry Smith organise and French at standoff would be a good combination to go forward with to bridge a gap when he is fit
It wouldn’t. French is categorically not a stand off.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wes wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:59 am
ddtftf wrote:Let Harry Smith organise and French at standoff would be a good combination to go forward with to bridge a gap when he is fit

Will French be here next year?

I was thinking about Smith and Field, it’s unfortunate he got injured game 1 but doesn’t he see himself as a stand off.

If we get Williams great but if not let’s try Smith and Field and strengthen the squad in the prop department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Field sees himself as a stand off if the tactics are to use him as a second receiver so he has space outwide.
My interpretation of that is he doesn’t see himself as a first receiver / traditional 7.

So field in the halves would be dependent on us playing traditional 6 and 7 and not split halves.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

JimmyMagnets wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:06 am
morley pie eater wrote:So, to sum up:

Have I missed anything?

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]
[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
+ 1😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/06/15/dra ... -warriors/

Paves the way for Williams (if it happens)

Also a indication that Williams has not physically signed for anyone yet