Club statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Williams to Wire.

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am not sure how good Williams is - somewhere between quite and very, but short of great imho - but he has held down a starting spot at 6 in one of the best NRL teams for a few years. Which on that basis alone puts him ahead of Field, Hastings and French.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:17 am I am not sure how good Williams is - somewhere between quite and very, but short of great imho - but he has held down a starting spot at 6 in one of the best NRL teams for a few years. Which on that basis alone puts him ahead of Field, Hastings and French.
To be fair hastings is only in super league because he was a complete d””k when he broke through in the nrl - he’s learned from that grown and will be back there soon enough

French and field both I think are more suited to super league which is more attack focused than defensively focused
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Williams is a luxury. Better to sort out our front row and let’s see what Smith and Field can do. Need another centre joey Leila west tigers would suggest a punt.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Wire seem to have pissed off a few members of their squad over the treatment some of the players are receiving.

I doubt its enough to back out of a Williams deal, but senior players are not happy.
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:23 pm Wire seem to have pissed off a few members of their squad over the treatment some of the players are receiving.

I doubt its enough to back out of a Williams deal, but senior players are not happy.
Yep, sadly quite a few established players are getting shopped around regardless of contract length or family commitments, all to fit George under the cap this year :o

An ex-wigan winger may well be available :roll:
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

irl_warr wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:39 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:23 pm Wire seem to have pissed off a few members of their squad over the treatment some of the players are receiving.

Yep, sadly quite a few established players are getting shopped around regardless of contract length or family commitments, all to fit George under the cap this year :o

I'm sure they would ship out the flying pig before Charnley.

if not I'd have him back and play him Centre.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:43 pm

I'm sure they would ship out the flying pig before Charnley.

if not I'd have him back and play him Centre.
I'd have Charnley back, he is no longer the same attack threat but he's alot better all round.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

They've just announced major losses after asking players to take pay cuts, now they are using money saved on a marque player whilst simultaneously pissing off the rest of the squad who sacrificed a lot of their earnings. My first port of call would to be reimburse my current staff before I took on anyone else on more money.

Id snap your hand off for Charnley back, still one of my favourite players.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:51 pm

They've just announced major losses after asking players to take pay cuts, now they are using money saved on a marque player whilst simultaneously pissing off the rest of the squad who sacrificed a lot of their earnings. My first port of call would to be reimburse my current staff before I took on anyone else on more money.

Id snap your hand off for Charnley back, still one of my favourite players.
I thought only Wigan where cost cutting lol.

Charnley suffers from a lack of ball at Warrington.

I noticed last season when king was covering that side he passed less than Sarge.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Warrington still wont cost cut thats the issue 🤣 their owners will just pump money in to cover the losses. Id ignore the bit about Wire wanting to “stand on their own two feet” they’ll pump money in until they finally win the comp. wont even be an achievement by the time they do it. its like Man City winning the premier league after years of outspending everyone, its expected, anything less is failure