Turn over

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
tonyjoe

Turn over

Post by tonyjoe »

:doz: Can anyone please tell me why on three occassions in the second half when we got into good positions close to the leeds line only to have to turn the ball over due to sixth tackle ?? At this point we where still winning.Would the one pointer not have been a good option ?for one thing we would have got the ball back from the drop out and put us in an attacking position.AS far as i could see every time we turned the ball over leeds scored.?
cpwigan

Re: Turn over

Post by cpwigan »

Lack of a kicking game is the reason although running it once in a while is no bad thing but by my reckoning it was lack of organisation mainly. Drop goals can relieve pressure for the opposition, repeat sets would have been better
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

Dont u think millward who was on the touch line for most of the game should have got a message out to go for the one pointers ? we had three chances in good positions which in my opinion cold have changed the game?? Rather than turnover possession in very good positions?:doz:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Well I presume they looked at it that a try would seal the game. A drop goal would not.
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

But on three occassions we did this and would have got the ball back from the drop out.Who knows then what would happen?They scored at least two of their trys from our turnover.
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

We are too obvious with only Dennis taking the kicks

Another option maybe use Richards as a third man behind Lockers
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I don't think Millwards a one pointer man, he was obviously confident with the players out there that so close to the line we'd get a try. Moran became predictable in his kicks and unfortunately Tickles and Lockers kicks failed to reach our players. Kicking game definately needs to be stepped up if we're going to score near the line. Richards kick for Tomkins was very deceptive, that could be utilised more.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mrs_carney posted:
Richards kick for Tomkins was very deceptive, that could be utilised more.
That was Ashton's try, but yeah, I agree, we should use Richards' tactical kicking as well as his long range ones.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I thought it was for Tomkins, but tomkins was from the high ball that was knocked backwards wasn't it, my mistake but at least you knew what i meant :roll:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
willie c

Post by willie c »

sometimes a one pointer puts more pressure on yourself if the other team go for the short kickoff or even if they do kick deep then you are stuck in your own twenty
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra