Ben Thaler

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Alovepie

Ben Thaler

Post by Alovepie »

It’s fair to say we were the poorer team last night but the decision by Thaler to allow the All Stars last try was shocking. Surely there’s got to be some discipline taken against Thaler for his incompetence to spot the knock on by Jake Conor. Even Barry McDermott and Terry O’Connor spotted it. Or am I being pedantic.
moto748

Re: Ben Thaler

Post by moto748 »

I assumed (rightly or wrongly, although it was never suggested in commentary) that the touch was so obvious, that it must have been noticed, and the judgement must have been that it did not go forward. But I'm not saying that's correct.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The best side won, though.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Why on earth would there be discipline needed for a ref missing a knock on…?!? Keep up with that and we won’t have any refs at all.

If there missing loads consistently then take him out of the top games but discipline for a knock on? Sounds harsh to me…
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Gerrumonside wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:45 pm Why on earth would there be discipline needed for a ref missing a knock on…?!? Keep up with that and we won’t have any refs at all.

If there missing loads consistently then take him out of the top games but discipline for a knock on? Sounds harsh to me…
This!!
Alovepie

Post by Alovepie »

Let’s just say games are won and lost on referee decisions it’s as simple as that. And if that was a decision that decided the grand final or World Cup then I believe you would have a different opinion. Plus they are professional refs and are paid to get it right.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I know one thing: l I trust The Bunker more than I trust SL VR decisions. But I think that's mostly down to the technology. Better, and more, camera angles.