Squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Squad for Wakefield

Post by Dan2266 »

10 players out is a reasonable excuse for this week. We’ve been awful as it is and we were even lighter this week than Previous weeks. Previous weeks it hasn't been anywhere near good enough from Lams point of view as well as the players and there is no excuses I totally agree. My main point was, before folk started twining about excuses excuses etc. We are the only “TOP” side that has lost out due to this fixture IN MY OPINION.

I believe we would have won if we had Hastings, Farrell & Bateman playing, regardless of who Wakefield had missing.

Warrington - 2 points.
Catalan - 2 points
Hull FC - 2 points
Saints - Game postponed and will pick up the 2 points when its played.

And then when you factor in Bateman is still in a protective boot from the game its about to possibly get a whole lot worse for an already bare boned side.

This whole round should of been postponed.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 pm 10 players out is a reasonable excuse for this week. We’ve been awful as it is and we were even lighter this week than Previous weeks. Previous weeks it hasn't been anywhere near good enough from Lams point of view as well as the players and there is no excuses I totally agree. My main point was, before folk started twining about excuses excuses etc. We are the only “TOP” side that has lost out due to this fixture IN MY OPINION.

I believe we would have won if we had Hastings, Farrell & Bateman playing, regardless of who Wakefield had missing.

Warrington - 2 points.
Catalan - 2 points
Hull FC - 2 points

And then when you factor in Bateman is still in a protective boot from the game its about to possibly get a whole lot worse for an already bare boned side.

This whole round irritated me as it simply should not have been played whatsoever but hey player welfare and all that.

Makes me laugh
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Thought the original idea was that there would not be any SL that weekend.
Whether that's possible this year is difficult to say. With so many fixtures being re-arranged maybe it could have been sorted.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:00 pm 10 players out is a reasonable excuse for this week. We’ve been awful as it is and we were even lighter this week than Previous weeks. Previous weeks it hasn't been anywhere near good enough from Lams point of view as well as the players and there is no excuses I totally agree. My main point was, before folk started twining about excuses excuses etc. We are the only “TOP” side that has lost out due to this fixture IN MY OPINION.

Warrington - 2 points.
Catalan - 2 points
Hull FC - 2 points

Bateman out for "4-6 weeks" in Lam's words. so lets say that is 6-8 weeks

Hardaker out for "2-3 weeks" so lets say that is 4-6 weeks

Wire and Saints are going to tear us apart
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:34 am

Warrington - 2 points.
Catalan - 2 points
Hull FC - 2 points

Whys Hardaker out? Must have missed something.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Fujiman wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:56 am

Warrington - 2 points.
Catalan - 2 points
Hull FC - 2 points

AL on Zak Hardaker: "He should be back this week but he's had some issues with vertebrae in his neck in training. We've had some scans and he's going to be two-to-three weeks minimum. It's in an area that's dangerous."
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:58 am
Fujiman wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:56 am

AL on Zak Hardaker: "He should be back this week but he's had some issues with vertebrae in his neck in training. We've had some scans and he's going to be two-to-three weeks minimum. It's in an area that's dangerous."
Cheers
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

This season is cursed! :shock:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mid table at best this year now.

Lam really needs to put a FB at FB now.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:14 pm Mid table at best this year now.

Lam really needs to put a FB at FB now.
It sort of makes the whole thing more fun now I've accepted that. Just hoping for a few away days with a bonus surprise victory now. Clearly the universe is not going to give us the players back that we need to compete!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐