Wigan Warriors recruitment update as injury crisis worsens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackthelad

Re: Wigan Warriors recruitment update as injury crisis worsens

Post by jackthelad »

How Lam has treated Hank is nothing short of a disgrace, his man management has been absolutely awful, he totally killed his confidence last season plus others who have either left or on their way out the club

if your face don't fit it ain't happening!!

I very much doubt Hank he would want to come back whilst Lam is there

It seems a no brainer to bring Hankinson back, its a total mess with squad numbers so low and players out of position, it's a complete shambles
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

jackthelad wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:13 pm How Lam has treated Hank is nothing short of a disgrace, his man management has been absolutely awful, he totally killed his confidence last season plus others who have either left or on their way out the club

It seems a no brainer to bring Hankinson back, its a total mess with squad numbers so low and players out of position, it's a complete shambles
What are the conditions attached to his loan?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:44 pm Price paul would do a job at centre….. he runs out wide and has played there before…… he will be a handful there with smith n hastings passing from the halves….. put tommy bench hooker and let faz play left SR to run his lines off jacko….. hanley fullback n give the lad a chance at least
Couldn't agree more, that seems the way to go. Can't see it happening, though.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:51 am
jackthelad wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:13 pm How Lam has treated Hank is nothing short of a disgrace, his man management has been absolutely awful, he totally killed his confidence last season plus others who have either left or on their way out the club

We have no idea but if the conditions attached preclude his recall, which idiot agreed to that?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:26 am

We have no idea but if the conditions attached preclude his recall, which idiot agreed to that?
I am hoping that Jack has some idea about the arrangements, otherwise I agree.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

:lol: :lol:

There is a long list of suspects
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whose to say it wasn't London who said we want him for the season on loan without the ability to recall.

If Lam had 0 plans of using Hankinson OR he has gone on loan for salary cap reasons then the ability to not have a re-call is probably the right.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

The situation with Hankinson, all probably boils down to Lenagan wanting to save money and be assured that he won't have to pay his wages for the full year, by loaning him out.
So no recall for a player who could fill two roles that we are several depleted in, one being a centre and the other a goal kicker.
His face obviously doesn't fit, so he will probably be offloaded as soon as possible, while we sign world beaters, like Thornley.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

As usual, we don't really know the ins and outs of the relationship between Lammy and Hankinson but the coach certainly doesn't seem keen. I have a friend who watches London every week and he claims that Hanky tries hard and looks like the 'average championship centre' and that his goal kicking is good. I don't think that other super league clubs have been queuing to take him off our hands so perhaps Lammy has a point.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

My worries, from the off ,were starting the season…..
1 without French
2 without Hastings
3 sold Budgie
4 without Marshy
5 without Gilly
6 Dom obviously not 100%
7 Hank loaned out( good enough or not)

Now is that a clever way to start a season for last years runners up?thats nearly a full backline and dom was obviously playing injured till others returned
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE