Squad for Wednesday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ipinwigan

Re: Squad for Wednesday

Post by Ipinwigan »

Lam is completely delusional, to think we had a chance, he must have been watching another game on his monitor.
Well once Stains batter us on Sunday, hopefully it's his last game in charge.
Keeping him would be absolutely idiotic, but then again it will cost Lenagan money to get rid of him, so he will be here all season.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Just some positives from me to keep Mike happy, I thought shorrocks and KPP went really well and have a bright future, both are cracking players.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:50 pm I'm done with Lam

He thinks we where close and we are close to where we want to be..

What are you watching mate. :lol:
He’s said that plenty of times in the past. I just don’t think he has a clue what he’s doing or how to fix it.
Please for the love of god Wigan, get rid!!
Gonna get a battered on Sunday
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

w.thomas wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:00 pm Just some positives from me to keep Mike happy, I thought shorrocks and KPP went really well and have a bright future, both are cracking players.
Agree. Nice to have a good offloader with KPP
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:44 pm
jackthelad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:42 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:12 pm If we don't sign a player who can kick next year its an absolute joke. Surely there is a player out there regardless of position that would improve the team as well as consistently kick goals
We already have a player who can kick goals

The joke is he is playing in London 🙈
Why did nonother SL club want him?
How do you know a SL club didn't?

Maybe Dan can confirm the contract details or how much money clubs had to cover his contract?

Much more involved than we know eh?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Lam ain't going nowhere unless he walks himself, Lenners won't pay him off
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:03 pm
w.thomas wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:00 pm Just some positives from me to keep Mike happy, I thought shorrocks and KPP went really well and have a bright future, both are cracking players.
Agree. Nice to have a good offloader with KPP
Don't worry. I'm sure Lam will have that knocked out of his game before the end of the season
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:10 pm Lam ain't going nowhere unless he walks himself, Lenners won't pay him off
TBH medders we pay him if he stays and presides over the club or he leaves on the first available flight and we have Lockers or whoever) as interim

As it is we are stumbling like a punch drunk boxer from one inept performance to the next. When the wire full back lost the ball backwards and he had all the time in the world to regather because no one was chasing was disgraceful - it's an issue for us at the moment - too much standing around from too many at the moment
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Great grandad Harry ball

Post by Great grandad Harry ball »

It isn't just on the pitch that things are wrong.
For the first time in my life I left a match tonight before the end, I'm 64............and have had a season ticket for over 45 years (and am still a shareholder).
Why?
Because having sat in the North stand against Hull KR I decided to have tickets in there again. My family have 3 tickets. I don't know who decided this, but I was genuinely frightened for the first time ever at a match because some IDIOT from Marketing/Sales decided to make a few 'bob' by selling tickets to Warrington 'fans' to be placed in that stand- having queried this with the club I was assured that they would all be in NS5-NS7 (right hand side as you look at it from the pitch) and that because the other stands were allegedly sold out I couldn't alter my seats (NS4). As a result one of my family decided not to attend and they definitely made the right decision.
On arrival the Warrington fans were all over the place, the language/behaviour was appalling and the Wigan fans sat in that stand (mainly in the middle NS2-4) were subject to all sorts of intimidation, water bottle throwing, which made the experience appalling.
At the Hull KR game the masks requirement was enforced (to a great degree) but tonight was a free for all, no masks at all on 95% of the Warrington fans. I tried to have a constructive conversation with the Chief Steward who sympathised but who was concentrating at getting these 'fans' out at the end of the game but advised that they may be holding fans back at the end of the game to allow fans from other sections of the ground to get away. In other words, sod the poor Wigan fans in the North Stand.
I will, in the morning, be making a formal complaint to Wigan regarding the sale of tickets to known 'hassle-makers' but doubt whether any reply will be forthcoming.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Mike wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:00 pm Surely smith is just a kid and will make mistakes? Can't blame him for a lack of experience. But he is just a kid that led GB academy to a serie win over Aussie school boys, so perhaps there is hope yet?
Agree Mike. How the hell can you blame Smith ??. He’s playing behind a pack that’s getting murdered, he’s getting passes off the slowest hooker in SL, and he’s partnered with Tommy who is offering absolutely nothing. The lad is on a hiding to nothing.
Huge, huge mistake playing Hastings at full back. He’s clueless in that position, and you lose his input at half back.