Gildart

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Gildart

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Well I recall irl_war was on the ball with news of wires recruitment of Williams, then there is no reason to not believe the other snippet of information he also posted that they have agreed terms with Gildart when he returns from the NRL the year after next

This ends the debate about him returning to us or not. He isn't and he has provisionally joined wire for 2023

We need to "get over it"
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

The Coach needs to up his game , they don’t become bad players overnight ! It’s being coached out of them , it’s like they don’t know how to play together . Oli Gidart is still one the best home products we have had in a long time , to say otherwise is ridiculous.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:51 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:52 am
medlocke wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:14 am

And then nice uncle Lenners will say "come back home to Wigan Oli, Here's a nice new 4 season contract"
Then the sheep/Lenners loyal/Happy clappers will hail Lenners as a hero for bringing him back :D
So if he struggles in the NRL and comes back would you like to see him go to another club?

I imagine he'd do a Williams anyway and go for a "new challenge "
1. Why would I want to re-sign a former player who chose big money over playing for Wigan

2. Why would I want a former player that struggled and failed in the NRL

3. Before anybody mentions it, I couldn't care less about the usual "it's a short game crap", You either want to play for the most famous RL club in the world or you don't, If you are as good as you think you are then you will get paid well

4. Sorry if I offended anybody with my earlier comment above
Haven't been the biggest club in RL for years :lol: the challenge Cup record will be gone in the next couple of seasons.

The cap means we are on a level playing field.

Who's to say he will fail (I personally don't think he is bulky enough) and doesn't choose to come back like Bateman or Williams who are hardly failures.

If we need a better centre and a player is the best one available I don't care if they are an ex player or not
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:50 pm

So if he struggles in the NRL and comes back would you like to see him go to another club?

1. Why would I want to re-sign a former player who chose big money over playing for Wigan

3. Before anybody mentions it, I couldn't care less about the usual "it's a short game crap", You either want to play for the most famous RL club in the world or you don't, If you are as good as you think you are then you will get paid well

Haven't been the biggest club in RL for years :lol: the challenge Cup record will be gone in the next couple of seasons.

Who's to say he will fail (I personally don't think he is bulky enough) and doesn't choose to come back like Bateman or Williams who are hardly failures.

If we need a better centre and a player is the best one available I don't care if they are an ex player or not
Where did I say biggest :oops: :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

How do you work that out?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:15 pm

How do you work that out?
Ha, I thought someone had caught up but checking again I am wrong :lol: last win 2013 though
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

So the challenge cup alone defines if a team are big or not?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

cherry toffee wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:29 pm So the challenge cup alone defines if a team are big or not?
Where has anyone even said that?
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

You said they hadn’t been biggest club for years and gave the challenge cup as your only reason
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

cherry toffee wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:56 pm You said they hadn’t been biggest club for years and gave the challenge cup as your only reason
No I didn't I said we haven't been the biggest club in years and suggested we are going to lose our record in the challenge cup soon (incorrectly)

If we were the biggest club in RL player would want to sign for Wigan not just have us as an 'option' we also wouldn't be losing players to the NRL.

If its accepted that the NRL is miles ahead of superleague and we see Wigan youngsters aiming to get an NRL Gig then how can anyone say we are the biggest club in NRL.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.