Team to face St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dan2266

Re: Team to face St Helens

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:48 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:42 pm Wigan have lost 5 times in a row twice in the past 15 years….. the coach both times? Adrian Lam. Says it all.

Adrian Lam has never been head coach over the first team before!
I know.... but 16 years ago we lost 5/more in a row..... in the past 15 years it has happened twice, both times under lams spell in charge
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

S_Riley wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:49 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:42 pm Wigan have lost 5 times in a row twice in the past 15 years….. the coach both times? Adrian Lam. Says it all.
Wasn’t there a long losing streak under Wane in 2017?
we drew 1 or 2 if I remember correctly, wasn't 5 defeats in a row anyway
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:59 am
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:34 am
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:49 am

I thought the sin bin was because he didn't use his arms in the tackle and it was deemed a shoulder charge.

Regards EW
That’s as I understand it EW,KPP got the tackle wrong but he will learn from it and I doubt he will make that mistake again
But he is trying to wrap, it was a joke of a decision made because the Saints player cried Woolf over a big hit.
He made little to No attempt to wrap his arms round though how could he both arms were on the right hand side of Coote so shoulder charge correct decision as the rule stands,in my opinion nothing malicious just inexperienced
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:09 am
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:34 am
That’s as I understand it EW,KPP got the tackle wrong but he will learn from it and I doubt he will make that mistake again
But he is trying to wrap, it was a joke of a decision made because the Saints player cried Woolf over a big hit.
He made little to No attempt to wrap his arms round though how could he both arms were on the right hand side of Coote so shoulder charge correct decision as the rule stands,in my opinion nothing malicious just inexperienced
I would have to watch again but I'm not sure I agree there was an arm either side for me.

I'm sure I will be corrected by the panel notes anyway. :lol:

Edit

Nevermind he doesn't wrap but blood and sand I've had worse shoulder charges against me playing 7 a side footy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsRL/ ... 9443719177
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Shaun Wane Legend

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Lachlan Coote is an embarrassment. He goes down like a premier league footballer. The ref told Marshall to stop milking it in the first half but Coote does it all the time.
The effort is there but there seems a lack of fire in their bellies, the us against the world mind set. The kind of mind set Shaun Wane inspires. Wane brings passion but Lam seems to suck the life out of the players. Granted the injuries aren’t Lam’s fault but there is a lack of inspiration.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:18 am
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:09 am

I would have to watch again but I'm not sure I agree there was an arm either side for me.

I'm sure I will be corrected by the panel notes anyway. :lol:

Edit

Nevermind he doesn't wrap but blood and sand I've had worse shoulder charges against me playing 7 a side footy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsRL/ ... 9443719177
Same here mateI still feel (or think I do) a charge to my chest from donkeys years ago but these are different times and that was a shoulder charge in today’s game,and it was his inexperience that caused his sin binning Childs got it right.

Do I think he will get a ban? No the sin binning was enough for me so I fully expect the morons on the panel to ban him for months..

As for Coote he did go down
culinator

Post by culinator »

I found it difficult to concentrate on anything other than all the refereeing decisions, so many that just looked like bad calls or missed calls.
I dont understand why Marshall never wins penalties, how much messing around do they have to do for it not to be milking?

On the other hand we were never going to win this one, but would prefer a level playing field
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Our discipline was as bad as ever and yet we continue with it. Not sure what Isa’s plan was, but I think he will sit out the next couple of games.

From the moment Tommy was penalised for an incorrect play the ball, it was clear that Child wasn’t going to give us any calls during the game and ultimately players started to take control.

As others have posted, the conditions kept us in the game, but I also think our forwards stood up well to likes of Walmsley, Paasi & Matuatia.

It could have been so much worse.

Dare I say, hopefully our game against Huddersfield gets postponed so we can at least get some bodies back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Some days you wonder what is the point.

Lam will stay all season and carry on not coaching the side to do anything different to arrest the slide.
We will continue to lose because nothing will change.
The young forwards will continue to go backwards (literally, sometimes on the pitch) and not become better players.
Players will continue to be played out of position.
Players will carry on being undisciplined because no one will tell them to stop being stupid.
Supporters will be relieved that we didn't ship 60 or 70 points each match but just a few.
Child will continue to be the worst referee in SL and continue to be given big matches to ruin.
The disciplinary panel will continue to ban players for actions that no honest supporter really thinks were a problem.

Groundhog Day will be played before every match.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Smith = Rocky Hampshire mk2

Time to move on to the next messiah from the academy :twisted: