Team to face St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Team to face St Helens

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:44 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:16 pm Smith = Rocky Hampshire mk2

Time to move on to the next messiah from the academy :twisted:
Ha I've not seen anyone say anything other than Smith has lots of potential.

Hampshire apparently was a world beater before he'd played a game.
All I ever see when people go on about Smith is his excellent performance against Australia schoolboys a couple of years back,to me he’s potential nothing more than that certainly not the world beater some would have you believe.

The comparison to Hampshire is the correct one,Smith has potential but more often than not he does the same thing Tommy does but there’s time yet for him
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Team to face St Helens

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Yet right now Hampshire is better than anything we have

If we want to be harsh and realistic then Havard and Byrne also fall into this bracket of "not world beating" and should be released as they too are not the quality, ready made players expected, Both miss some important tackles and are prone to "clocking off". Ditto Smithies and KPP yet no one is wanting these out the team

Simples. Our problem is the coaching not the players at the moment. We could have the NSW team playing for us at the moment and coached under Lam we would struggle against the lobbygobblers,

Is there a win % for Wigan coaches over the last 30 years so we can compare Lam to say Stuart Raper or Frank Endacott to see if fan's are really being fickle or we really are inconsistent under Lam whilst at the same time playing in a poorer standard league?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: