Sunday's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Sunday's game

Post by southportcdm »

Does anyone have any up to date information about whether or not the game is on? We have tickets but I can't see how the Giants can have enough fit players after yesterday's postponement. Have the Huddersfield players been tested again yet? No comments on our site or Huddersfield's.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Sunday's game

Post by Mike »

I think we'll hear a couple of days beforehand.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I've got obvious sympathy for Covid suffers and self-isolation but Huddersfield have still only named 16 players but may well add players who are cleared. How are opponents supposed to plan to play against a side which might be totally different to the one quoted? And before anyone says it - I know we're lucky that Lam never has a plan for a match!

I see a couple of loanees have come in from Leigh but can they play?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

However, the arrival of loan signings Nathaniel Peteru and Nathan Peats has perhaps ameliorated their injury problems a touch and the pair have now been included in the squad for today. I expect both to feature.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-v- ... ews-40955/
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

How can it be right teams signing players before they play us,it was only last week that they gave the points to Castleford who a few days before gave the points to saints the game is a shambles from top to bottom and let's not forget Greg inglis is staying at Warrington on a voluntary basis,what a load of rubbish,and our Hitachi are allowing it.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

And I note Castleford are now playing a ridiculous side in the league game v Salford because they are in the Cup Final next week.

I agree that the admin of the game is laughable.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Southern Softy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:08 pm And I note Castleford are now playing a ridiculous side in the league game v Salford because they are in the Cup Final next week.

Which given next week is the sports showcase event is only right,it is ludicrous that they are playing this week given that Covid is still very much around

Neither Saints nor Cas should be playing this week but given the buffoonery of the chairman and their need to cram as many games in as is possible the sides bring the game into disrepute really by playing such weakend sides
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Clubs have always played a game the week before the final.

Why should covid change that?

Now if it was a mid-week game I would agree................................
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:28 pm
Southern Softy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:08 pm And I note Castleford are now playing a ridiculous side in the league game v Salford because they are in the Cup Final next week.

Which given next week is the sports showcase event is only right,it is ludicrous that they are playing this week given that Covid is still very much around

Neither Saints nor Cas should be playing this week but given the buffoonery of the chairman and their need to cram as many games in as is possible the sides bring the game into disrepute really by playing such weakend sides
Completely agree. But clubs can't be blamed for resting players we would want same if it was Wigan. The whole rfl setup is a shambles run by inept clueless clowns. And in serious danger of destroying our game as already tottering on the edge of obscurity
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Good luck gilly in the NRL.
If the smallest player on the field does that to you, what’s the bigger backs in the NRL gonna do.
That was shocking from him. No conviction whatsoever