Squad v Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Re: Squad v Huddersfield

Post by First Try Tickle »

Just really hopes he gives Hanley a chance at full back and Hastings back in the halves. Tommy has really struggled to shine this season, but could be a good impact hooker.

Not holding my breath though.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

First Try Tickle wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:07 am Just really hopes he gives Hanley a chance at full back and Hastings back in the halves. Tommy has really struggled to shine this season, but could be a good impact hooker.

What you should realise, Lam never learns from his mistakes….
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

First Try Tickle wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:07 am Just really hopes he gives Hanley a chance at full back and Hastings back in the halves. Tommy has really struggled to shine this season, but could be a good impact hooker.

This.

The point isn't if Hanley is a good fullback, we have been playing without one for over a month now, but removing Hastings from the halves removed the attacking threat of our attack which is already faltering.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

We’ve got back to back games with Huddersfield and if lam doesn’t play our only fit full back in his true position he’s either totally clueless or taking the p*ss, what would this do to the confidence of Hanley and I suppose the same could be applied to Hallsall at centre
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:23 pm

This.

The point isn't if Hanley is a good fullback, we have been playing without one for over a month now, but removing Hastings from the halves removed the attacking threat of our attack which is already faltering.
We can all see it… the question is will Lam? Interesting to see who starts fullback tomorrow.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Gerrumonside wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:32 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:23 pm

This.

We can all see it… the question is will Lam? Interesting to see who starts fullback tomorrow.
The question we should be asking is has IL/KR been interfering with squad selections etc
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Yet again, going with Hastings at full back, if it doesn't work first, second or third time, just keep flogging that dead horse, seems to be Lam's policy
moto748

Post by moto748 »

HDS wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:00 am Would like to see Umlyla Hanley given a go at Full back so Jackson Hastings can revert back to Half back.

But if AL insists on playing Jackson at Full back I would put Umlyla on the wing and put Jake back to centre.

Would give Tommy Leuluai a rest, looks like he needs one and play Harry Smith with Jackson Hastings.

I think Joe Shorrocks would be a better choice at loose forward he ticks all the boxes skill wise and work wise,

let KPP stay in the second row he is playing well and looks comfortable why put him in a new position when

he is just adjusting to first team rugby.
Agree with all that. As I've remarked before, Shorrocks 'more or less' plays a 13-type role anyway when he comes on. So if Lam is playing Bullock there. be interesting to see how many minutes he manages. Keep KPP in the second-row.

Lam sticking with the plan that has served us so well in the last two games as regards Hastings!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I'm predicting a win for us in today's big game.....

What's that??

THE big game of course - the one that kicks off at 3pm
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐