Squad v Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Squad v Huddersfield

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:18 pm Marshall's clearly not happy. He's not trusting his leg and doesn't look to be running even slightly freely.
Said the same thing to my wife Mike he is nowhere near the Marshall of old.

Take the win but it proves Wigan in dire need of a couple of young Tony Club sized props the side looked much better.

KPP looked knackered to me in that second half

But let’s be brutally honest that was 2 poor sides evenly matched
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:17 pm Was it just me or was Hastings upset with the bench for not taking the two. He had his arms out shouting for a while.
As was Gildart.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The SL has got to do something about players going down for minor injuries and asking for the game to be stopped. It's being abused too much. Is it time for a player having to leave the pitch for a number of tackles if treatment has been given on the pitch? Yes it would penalise the genuinely injured. But until theres a downside to stopping the game players are clearly going to do it at will.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
pedro

Post by pedro »

Southern Softy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:23 pm It comes to something when we're all elated by beating a depleted and not very good Huddersfield side.

Not much point talking about most players and the team because Lam has got it all taped. "Attack- it'll come right soon enough..................! "

It must be time to think about O'Neill being given a run at hooker. Powell looks shot and is offering no go-forward at the PTB. As nothing else is going to change, let's try that.
Fair play to Shorrocks - in with a shout of player of the season for his efforts.
Fewer penalties this week. Sheer coincidence that Smithies, Havard and Partington weren't there I suppose.
But Byrne was, well he was on the pitch at least (mr flopper)
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:29 pm The SL has got to do something about players going down for minor injuries and asking for the game to be stopped. It's being abused too much. Is it time for a player having to leave the pitch for a number of tackles if treatment has been given on the pitch? Yes it would penalise the genuinely injured. But until theres a downside to stopping the game players are clearly going to do it at will.
When Powell went down a little argument kicked off between and Huddersfield and Wigan fan as the Huddersfield fans was kshouting get on with it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:18 pm Marshall's clearly not happy. He's not trusting his leg and doesn't look to be running even slightly freely.
Didnt i say the same about dom weeks and weeks ago?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:57 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:55 pm Tommy misses KPP out soo much. We've got to get him into the game. Swap him with bibbey occasionally I reckon. He'd put his winger in loads with that backhand offload he's got.
What about loose forward? He's big enough, I'd love to see what he could at loose with Hastings and Smith in the halves
I’ve saying exactly the same thing for several weeks!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:17 pm
Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:55 pm Tommy misses KPP out soo much. We've got to get him into the game. Swap him with bibbey occasionally I reckon. He'd put his winger in loads with that backhand offload he's got.
What about loose forward? He's big enough, I'd love to see what he could at loose with Hastings and Smith in the halves
That lad will play well anywhere coz hes a natural talent…… i do however think running out wide at centre or second row will suit him best…… someone said earlier that shorrocks plays like a 13 which i totally agree with
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:29 pm The SL has got to do something about players going down for minor injuries and asking for the game to be stopped. It's being abused too much. Is it time for a player having to leave the pitch for a number of tackles if treatment has been given on the pitch? Yes it would penalise the genuinely injured. But until theres a downside to stopping the game players are clearly going to do it at will.
Josh Jones touched his nose after he tackled Jacko then went down like a sack of sh** then the trainers come on & ref says it’s a head injury! Game stopped

Powell goes down with a knock, trainer is on, game carries on!

Then what about that Gavet or whatever his name is? He went down in a tackle held his back then rolled over on his back for a Hollywood Oscar as if he’s been poleaxed!
The ref stops the game again!

Why are the refs being sucked in with these trivial knocks & all the play acting to get the game stopped?

I very nearly walked out of the game at this point I was so fed up!

Are coaches telling players to do this
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:30 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:17 pm

That lad will play well anywhere coz hes a natural talent…… i do however think running out wide at centre or second row will suit him best…… someone said earlier that shorrocks plays like a 13 which i totally agree with
Said the same about Shorrocks too, but do our coaches not see the natural talents of our players?