Tony Clubb

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Tony Clubb

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

jao 711 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:37 pm
DaveO wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:49 pm
jao711 wrote:Some may remember two or three years ago,Clubby charging cross field to tackle Hull winger Naualago who thought he could cruise to the try line.They might also recall how Clubb and Flower. did a prop forwards job taking the ball up running straight and may also feel,as I do,that it is precisely what we need more of this year.
Both those players have received much criticism on this board from alleged Wigan supporters. Remember the old quote
“ Those that can do those that can’t write about it”
I don’t recall Flower getting much stick for his on field performances unlike Clubb. So what if he charged across the field to tackle a winger, once?

As a starting prop and senior player who should have been taking the ball up and running straight you were watching a different player to me. He wa average and often went missing in games before he was given a new contract. I bet if I could be bothered to look back across posts on this forum just about everyone posting in this thread has said that and worse about the player over the years.
And you think that justifies it all.
jao 711, if you think Clubby has been that good how about putting your hands into your pocket and paying for a new contract for him entirely out of your own money??

Quite happy for others to do this via season tickets BUT when it's time for him to leave you are wishing him away on a lullaby
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
jao711

Post by jao711 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:09 pm
jao 711 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:37 pm
DaveO wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:49 pm
I don’t recall Flower getting much stick for his on field performances unlike Clubb. So what if he charged across the field to tackle a winger, once?

As a starting prop and senior player who should have been taking the ball up and running straight you were watching a different player to me. He wa average and often went missing in games before he was given a new contract. I bet if I could be bothered to look back across posts on this forum just about everyone posting in this thread has said that and worse about the player over the years.
And you think that justifies it all.
jao 711, if you think Clubby has been that good how about putting your hands into your pocket and paying for a new contract for him entirely out of your own money??

Quite happy for others to do this via season tickets BUT when it's time for him to leave you are wishing him away on a lullaby
What makes you think I don't have a season ticket?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Question - Clubby had a serious facial injury that signalled his drop in form but was it in the WCC v Roosters or v Saints?