Squad v Warrington

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Squad v Warrington

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:43 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:40 pm Refs been fine in my opinion. We are just terrible.
I agree bar the Marshall injury, the fact my wire fan wife has been complaining he's biased towards wigans shows he's not been that bad.
Wasn’t that one just accidental though?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Our attack will not improve with Powell and Tl they are too slow and create nothing. Also Smith is struggling. Would like to see Bourouh given a start with Jackson at 7 with Hanley at full back.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Cant believe Lams interview

Lam is a clown 🤡
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:00 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 pm ….. im sorry but if we dont murder leigh by 50 plus……
I can pretty much guarantee that won't happen,
Firestarter wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:48 pm ……. Its time for lam to go…….
And neither will that.
Moreso the lam one……we should have scored 50 last time at leigh…… i just think its lams last shout on sunday…… i agree with lammy that the marshy head kick was diabolical…. Especially with all the head injury stuff these days…… it could only happen to wigan…… I honestly csnt remember wigan losing a game they dominated so much as this one
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We won't win any big game with Lam in charge.
If the BOD have decided to change coach for next season with Matty Peet head coach then make that change now and we might, just might rescue something from the season.
I feel sorry for the players, they put in so much effort and the moves and plays which bring scores are just not there which is a coaching problem.

Thought Hicks was generally ok apart from the Charnley/Marshall incident which was dreadful. He will know that by now!
BTW if the Mamo try had been disallowed does anyone think we'd have won?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:07 pm We won't win any big game with Lam in charge.
If the BOD have decided to change coach for next season with Matty Peet head coach then make that change now and we might, just might rescue something from the season.
I feel sorry for the players, they put in so much effort and the moves and plays which bring scores are just not there which is a coaching problem.

Thought Hicks was generally ok apart from the Charnley/Marshall incident which was dreadful. He will know that by now!
Probably not but that try killed any chance.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:07 pm We won't win any big game with Lam in charge.

Think we may have run them close…
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Warrington tackled us out the game, helped by some predictable and slow play.

On the Mamo try, refs have immediately been stopping the game for any hint of a head injury this season so, yeh, can understand Lam's frustration.

Bibby's no try - couldn't see KPP touch the ball?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

No…… the game was lost in the first half Definately……. Bad passing from tommy and isa having space but not choosing right( as hes not a centre)….. unfortunate but ultimately has to be put down to the coach imo….., also the goalkicking kills confidence……. I dont bother with the refs much these days as the NRL refs(and commentators)put our lot to shame
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Lam is an idiot. Why on earth drop Clarke? To rest him for Leigh?

Bringing a player on five minutes before the end and then he completely fails to recognise the issue is we can’t score.

It’s not just Lams fault though. It’s also IL’s for not getting rid.

How many games has Hastings played full back and how many has he done well there? Lam will stick with thls stupid notion thus failing to address the attack issue until we have a full back fit. Even then if Hardaker is back he’s stupid enough to play him at centre and keep Hastings at FB.