Sky Broadband

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Sky Broadband

Post by MrsLam »

Not really anything to do with rugby in particular, although you can see highlights but I was just wondering if anyone else has downloaded Sky by Broadband, the thing that lets you download films and sports onto your computer for a number of days.
It's looking good but I'm having problems, all I can see is a green screen when I try to play any of the films or sports highlights. Anyone else got it or know how to solve the problem? It uses windows media player 10, which has been working fine with other videos on my computer. It just doesn't work with this sky thing!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Likely_Lad

Re: Sky Broadband

Post by Likely_Lad »

Is it free? I might give it a go.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

If you've got sky digital then yep it's free! I've got it sorted now, it's a good idea if you've got a good connection. Took about an hour to download two films and you can keep them legally for 29 days and thats when the license expires. Am having a girly night in...alone with a few packs of jaffa cakes and a cuppa whilst watching a film I've never heard of with that freaky guy from piratesof the caribbean!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Am having a girly night in...alone with a few packs of jaffa cakes
Nothing girly about jaffa cakes, I've got a packet open at the moment....
whilst watching a film I've never heard of with that freaky guy from piratesof the caribbean!
Orlando Bloom?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Unless it has changed massivelym I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

I had a go last year - you could get a 30 day free trial. The highlihgts of "every SL match" consist of what they use on SKY Sports News which are about 10 seconds long for each match and the whole channel is available on freeview digital TV for nothing. They wanted £10 per month for alomst nothing!

Whereas the NRL site had free downloads of the whole of every NRL match all season last year. Much better.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

Don't bother with this yet. Until it gets anywhere near the NRL bigpond FULL game videos that start instantly.
I will not be using. I have sky plus anyway and burn my 'records' I want to keep onto DVD. Everyone shold try sky plus. No extra if you have Sky movies and Sports. £10 extra if not, with your old sky box going into another room which can view anything indipendantly of the shiny new Sky Plus box in the main room.
http://bigpondguide.com/genre.php?channel=2[url]
Campions of the rugby world.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Likely_Lad posted:
Is it free? I might give it a go.
It's only free if you subscribe to movies or sports.
It took me about a week to get mine sorted for the movies and the films are limited choice (also takes ages to download).
Think I was having the same probs as Mrs Lam.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered