zak hardaker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
pearsy

Re: zak hardaker

Post by pearsy »

If he goes I am sure they will look for a cheap alternative or project player
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

pearsy wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:55 pm If he goes I am sure they will look for a cheap alternative or project player
Completely disagree. I believe they are looking for a top replacement. But they have to want to come to Wigan and at moment not many do. Hopefully a new coach can change that. Might be a bit optimistic but have to keep faith imo think big changes on horizon at Wigan.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Agree that changes need to be made and none more so than Head Coach.

I did think that Lam would have been dispatched earlier during what I call the "signing season". Whether an interim coach would have been appointed or not it would have shown that a new Head Coach was incoming. It would have shown top quality players that real change was underway and a massive improvement on the last three seasons was needed.

I don't think there will be any cheap incoming or project players at all. As has been said, Hastings is the one who needs replacing the most. A quality replacement won't come cheap and to bring someone in with that ability will need a lot of persuasion and probably even more money.

I'm in no doubt that the club will do all they can to bring quality in and pay whatever they feel appropriate.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:09 pm Agree that changes need to be made and none more so than Head Coach.

I did think that Lam would have been dispatched earlier during what I call the "signing season". Whether an interim coach would have been appointed or not it would have shown that a new Head Coach was incoming. It would have shown top quality players that real change was underway and a massive improvement on the last three seasons was needed.

I don't think there will be any cheap incoming or project players at all. As has been said, Hastings is the one who needs replacing the most. A quality replacement won't come cheap and to bring someone in with that ability will need a lot of persuasion and probably even more money.

I'm in no doubt that the club will do all they can to bring quality in and pay whatever they feel appropriate.
As much as I am not sold on Lam, unless in the heat of the moment after a bad loss I.cannot see any sense to getting rid this year

We still are waiting on funding distribution and league format.

Britain is still.full of covid with levels well past lockdown level meaning games even going ahead is not a guarantee.

Wigan have been lucky with it so far but as much stability as possible is needed this year.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

Phil Wilkinson just tweeted that rumours of Zak leaving to Cas are “categorically untrue”. I really hope he’s right on this!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Richymac wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:30 pm Phil Wilkinson just tweeted that rumours of Zak leaving to Cas are “categorically untrue”. I really hope he’s right on this!
I spoke to Zak on Friday before the game & he said the same thing & that he’s heard all the rumours but they aren’t true! But I just take it with a pinch of salt & just wait to see what happens now!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:37 pm
Richymac wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:30 pm Phil Wilkinson just tweeted that rumours of Zak leaving to Cas are “categorically untrue”. I really hope he’s right on this!
I spoke to Zak on Friday before the game & he said the same thing & that he’s heard all the rumours but they aren’t true! But I just take it with a pinch of salt & just wait to see what happens now!
That's good to hear! But at the same time with a young family and his connection to the area if there was a bid coming in for him that he found impossible to refuse for the good of his family/mental wellbeing then he may leave I guess. And if he did I would be saddened but understanding of his situation. But again, I am glad to hear that he's said that to you. :)
Smithy82

Post by Smithy82 »

Why is this rumor still being talked about lam said it utter rubbish and even Hardaker best m8 said it's a load of rubbish and Zak is going nowhere

So rumor ended
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Smithy82 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:55 pm Why is this rumor still being talked about lam said it utter rubbish and even Hardaker best m8 said it's a load of rubbish and Zak is going nowhere

So rumor ended
Because Lam is told what he can and cant say.

Zak isn't going to say anything other than he is staying.

No body will come out and say, you know what Im happy but I might leave if I get a good offer.

Rumours are rumours for a reason, they start somewhere.

Regardless of what anyone says Zak has spoken to 2 other clubs lol

So rumour re-opened 👍🏻
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:40 pm
Smithy82 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:55 pm Why is this rumor still being talked about lam said it utter rubbish and even Hardaker best m8 said it's a load of rubbish and Zak is going nowhere

So rumor ended
Because Lam is told what he can and cant say.

Zak isn't going to say anything other than he is staying.

No body will come out and say, you know what Im happy but I might leave if I get a good offer.

Rumours are rumours for a reason, they start somewhere.

Regardless of what anyone says Zak has spoken to 2 other clubs lol

So rumour re-opened 👍🏻
I mean rumours could literally start from someone in pontefract saying zacks moved back must be coming Cas again.

Ratchford moved to Hindley Green a couple of years ago at as time his contract needed renewing, that could start a to leigh or to Wigan rumour.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.