Squad v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Squad v Hull KR

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:So who would you replace KR with? Who in the same role has brought similar success to the club that KR has to Wigan (no defence of KR just a question)

It's funny that we are stuck with Lam currently because Edwards messed us about but the blame for that seem directed at IL despite Edwards form of also messing Wales about.
Stuck with Lam because Edwards messed us about? That’s hilarious.

We are “stuck” with Lam because IL won’t sack him and for no other reason.

IL was not forced to keep him on for an extra two seasons as he has done over and above the one year he was supposed to be keeping the seat warm and he could sack him tomorrow if he wanted.

Whether Edwards messed Wales about subsequently is totally irrelevant and has zero baring on IL keeping Lam in his job.

It’s entirely down to IL Lam remains our coach and it’s ridiculous to try and suggest Edwards messing Wigan about has anything to do with IL getting blamed for that.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

southportcdm wrote:Does anybody know for certain, and I mean absolutely for certain, who makes the decisions on signings? We need to know who does what before we criticise. I accept somebody isn't getting it right but I'd imagine that more than one person is involved in the big decisions so we need to know if the blame falls on KR or the others. For example we assume that the coach can be held accountable for the team selection, style of play, motivation, substitutions etc but if he has no say on signings that makes his job more difficult and he isn't the only one who needs to admit that we're getting it wrong.
It’s a pretty short management chain though isn’t it? If Lam doesn’t make the signing decisions then it’s Rads and/or IL.

You can basically pick any combination you like of those three but one or more of them aren’t doing a good job. The buck stops at the top so if it’s Rads, why hasn’t IL torn him strip or just moved him on?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:43 am
southportcdm wrote:Does anybody know for certain, and I mean absolutely for certain, who makes the decisions on signings? We need to know who does what before we criticise. I accept somebody isn't getting it right but I'd imagine that more than one person is involved in the big decisions so we need to know if the blame falls on KR or the others. For example we assume that the coach can be held accountable for the team selection, style of play, motivation, substitutions etc but if he has no say on signings that makes his job more difficult and he isn't the only one who needs to admit that we're getting it wrong.
It’s a pretty short management chain though isn’t it? If Lam doesn’t make the signing decisions then it’s Rads and/or IL.

You can basically pick any combination you like of those three but one or more of them aren’t doing a good job. The buck stops at the top so if it’s Rads, why hasn’t IL torn him strip or just moved him on?
What really annoys me is that Mike Rush is making a fool out of Rads.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:31 am
Caboosegg wrote:So who would you replace KR with? Who in the same role has brought similar success to the club that KR has to Wigan (no defence of KR just a question)

It's funny that we are stuck with Lam currently because Edwards messed us about but the blame for that seem directed at IL despite Edwards form of also messing Wales about.
Stuck with Lam because Edwards messed us about? That’s hilarious.

We are “stuck” with Lam because IL won’t sack him and for no other reason.

IL was not forced to keep him on for an extra two seasons as he has done over and above the one year he was supposed to be keeping the seat warm and he could sack him tomorrow if he wanted.

Whether Edwards messed Wales about subsequently is totally irrelevant and has zero baring on IL keeping Lam in his job.

It’s entirely down to IL Lam remains our coach and it’s ridiculous to try and suggest Edwards messing Wigan about has anything to do with IL getting blamed for that.
I'd say Edwards messing us about has had an effect on Lam staying, the first extension being because Edwards went back on his agreement, the second because of covid and the uncertainty of what was happening.

There is no reason for him to continue next year but if you look at it without an agenda Lam looks like he's benefited from a time of uncertainty.

I saw it mentioned on twitter (Bilko) I think that we have a less than 20% win rate vs top 6 clubs, I can't imagine that's been ignored by the club and if it has then I will join in with my dissapointment in the clubs leadership.

More importantly (for me) Lam has taken the fun out of Derby matches with saints as its no longer a turn up and wonder who will win, under Lam its a how many points can we limit them to.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

Never known a RL club depend on so many youngsters.
The youngsters physics and bodies are still developing.
Playing them week in and week out, getting battered by the big props in various teams cannot be helping them develop.
All I see is burn out and battered confidence
Look at Pierce Paul , how old is he 19 and being asked to play at a top level week in, week out.
Total joke in management
Why isn’t Bullock, Clarke playing more minutes. I mean this dick of a manager not only plays players out of position he rest Farrell last week, a seasoned pro!!!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think most of this year has been reacting to injuries and illness. Everyone wanted KPP in the side after his first appearance. Maybe now's the time to give him a rest? The rest of the kids hq e all been in and out of the side most of the year so far.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

On recruitment im sure i saw something once with Radders where he said both him and IL are in charge because coaches change so they are better placed to build a team with a long term vision.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Mike wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:19 am I think most of this year has been reacting to injuries and illness. Everyone wanted KPP in the side after his first appearance. Maybe now's the time to give him a rest? The rest of the kids hq e all been in and out of the side most of the year so far.
I would rather have seen KPP rested and Farrell played in this one. If Lam thinks that Farrell will get us a win against Saints he is being optimistic. It is frustrating to see us struggling to stay in the top six. It must be to do with our muddled who cannot play for more than 10 minutes.😮
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I thought tonight, shall I watch The Superleague Show, or shall I re-watch the Wigan game. Didn't take long to decide.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

I would change Rads for Max he would do better job come to think of it I wouldn't be surprised if Lam puts him at fullback this week