We missed Sam Powell Tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

We missed Sam Powell Tonight

Post by Wes »

End of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
widdenoldboy

Re: We missed Sam Powell Tonight

Post by widdenoldboy »

+1......which shows how low we have sunk....
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

I'm not a Powell hater but I disagree. I don't think he'd have made a shred of difference. Shorrocks was even better than Powell usually is in defence. Not the sharpest in the ruck but Powell has been sluggish and ineffective this season. Bourouh came on and made a bad error but at least got our speed at the ruck that little bit quicker for a decent spell. Powell would have done nothing in that game because our pack would have given him nothing to work with. He's out of form and playing behind a weak pack. Nothing he could have done to change the outcome.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Could have played with a side containing 15 players it’d have made little difference.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Its all down to tactics and player desire……. We didnt have much of any unfortunately and depressingly
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Utter rubbish wouldn’t of made a jot of difference
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:45 pm Utter rubbish wouldn’t of made a jot of difference
Hope ur on about powell and not my comments lol…… obviously if its mine ur very entitled to your opinion
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:42 pm Could have played with a side containing 15 players it’d have made little difference.
Christ, not Rugby Union, go stand in the corner Sir! :)
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:50 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:45 pm Utter rubbish wouldn’t of made a jot of difference
Hope ur on about powell and not my comments lol…… obviously if its mine ur very entitled to your opinion
Haha yep Powell the idea that he would of made any difference is laughable - he’s missed 1 game wigan have failed to score in something like 8 full halves of rugby while he has been playing
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:10 am
Firestarter wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:50 pm
Haha yep Powell the idea that he would of made any difference is laughable - he’s missed 1 game wigan have failed to score in something like 8 full halves of rugby while he has been playing
i knew that pal and was only joking….. he wouldnt have made no difference as we were one dimensional tonite