zak hardaker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: zak hardaker

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:28 pm He’s complaining about the M62 on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/zakhardaker1/status ... 85089?s=12
I mean surely he could have asked anyone how bad the trip is.

He should learn the A roads, much more fun and randomly quicker.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well if there is any substance in the rumour then the message is any player the club signs from Yorkshire who wants to not honour his contract,all he needs to do is move back over the pennies and whinge about it. Wigan will then let him leave.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

DaveO wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:30 pm Well if there is any substance in the rumour then the message is any player the club signs from Yorkshire who wants to not honour his contract,all he needs to do is move back over the pennies and whinge about it. Wigan will then let him leave.
You've cracked it Dave. ILs a bad chairman and Sam's rubbish.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:30 pm Well if there is any substance in the rumour then the message is any player the club signs from Yorkshire who wants to not honour his contract,all he needs to do is move back over the pennies and whinge about it. Wigan will then let him leave.
Whether I have cracked it or not is irrelevant. What’s your opinion on the rumour the club will let him leave?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:02 pm
Mike wrote:
Whether I have cracked it or not is irrelevant. What’s your opinion on the rumour the club will let him leave?
What difference would it make? He is not a modern day fullback.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

It's not like we're currently getting the best out of Hardaker is it. His best position is fullback but he's not our best fullback. He's also seen his form nosedive in that position after making a good start to the year. So his only other position is centre, where he's decent but not outstanding and possibly not good value for money as a centre (his wage was determined by his perceived value to us as a fullback). If he wants to leave then there's no reason not to entertain the idea, on the proviso that it only happens once we've agreed a deal with a replacement.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Rumours are that he, his partner and baby have moved in with his parents.
If that is anything like true then I can't see a long term future for Zac at Wigan. He must be commuting between Pontefract and Wigan which will be tedious.

His contract is up end of 2022 and it's difficult to see him commuting for the next 15 months or so. Could be he leaves Wigan at the end of this season when the club would be entitled to a transfer fee.

If Zac does leave prior to 2022 season then that means we require a centre replacement. That is in addition to a half back and a senior prop. Some recruiting still to go for next season.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

EagleEyePie wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:26 am It's not like we're currently getting the best out of Hardaker is it. His best position is fullback but he's not our best fullback. He's also seen his form nosedive in that position after making a good start to the year. So his only other position is centre, where he's decent but not outstanding and possibly not good value for money as a centre (his wage was determined by his perceived value to us as a fullback). If he wants to leave then there's no reason not to entertain the idea, on the proviso that it only happens once we've agreed a deal with a replacement.
Spot on! Couldn't agree more! Maybe his domestic circumstances and or the general morale of the team are having an impact too. I wouldn't be disappointed if he left but you've hit the nail on the head, who goes, must be replaced. Don't fancy another Thornley as a replacement.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Bloody hxxl where doe this sh,t come from. He is going nowhere unless wane takes over and that isn't going to happen. IS IT. THOSE IN KNOW TELL ME DIFFERENT.With fans like this who would want to come to Wigan .if not bothered if players off this caliber leave. Yet uproar because we have let a mediocre prop go unbelievable
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:09 pm Bloody hxxl where doe this sh,t come from. He is going nowhere unless wane takes over and that isn't going to happen. IS IT. THOSE IN KNOW TELL ME DIFFERENT.With fans like this who would want to come to Wigan .if not bothered if players off this caliber leave. Yet uproar because we have let a mediocre prop go unbelievable
I hope Zak doesn’t go we need him to play to the best of his ability if we are to reverse this shambles. As for the mediocre prop, that may be true but the problem I have is that Lam has not got the best out of him, the same as a number of others! I have said it before but I think a good coach would get an extra 10-20% out of this bunch of players.