Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Lam Out!

Post by East Stand Faithful »

He’s got to go
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

East Stand Faithful wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:58 pm He’s got to go
I agree…… please take gildart, zak as well…… i can handle bad play, but lack of effort
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Has he been sacked yet?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam answers question on his Wigan Warriors future following Leeds Rhinos disappointment

Adrian Lam cut a hugely frustrated figure following his Wigan Warriors side’s loss to Leeds Rhinos at the DW Stadium.

The Cherry and Whites failed to register a point against the Rhinos as Leeds won 14-0 thanks to tries from Richie Myler and Brad Dwyer.

It means that while Wigan are still in fourth spot in the Super League table, they’re looking uncomfortably over their shoulder at the chasing pack, with Leeds, Hull KR, Hull FC and Castleford now breathing down their neck.

Lam was understandably left lamenting Wigan’s struggles in attack after failing to score a try in a second successive game, but he still believes his side can turn their form around.

“I’m disappointed obviously,” he told Sky Sports after the game. “We’re obviously down in confidence and there were times in that first half there where they were down to 11 and had it been our team and us as normal, we would certainly have been a bit more clinical.

“We bombed some tries in the second half and the game just got away from us. Again some discipline areas disappointed.

“It’s us that’s got ourselves in this mess and it’s only us that can get ourselves out. We’re always going to do what we can to get back on board and make sure that we sort it out.

We created some opportunities in the second half there and we couldn’t execute them. Our skill levels were poor with that. We’re not connecting at all at the moment and we’re struggling in attack.”

The final whistle was met by boos from the home support and it seems the pressure is growing on Lam with his position being questioned by some Wigan fans

However, he remained resolute when asked about his future after the game.

“I’m just on a day to day basis here at the moment,” he said. “I’m just trying to make sure we stick together as a group and get through this period.

“We’re still in the six and we feel that if we can get there in good shape we’ll give it a crack. We’ve got a lot of work to do obviously and that’s the last thing on my mind. I’m going to get back in there and make sure we stick together as a group.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-21403636
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

He's delusional, he was bringing a more attacking style that never appeared.

He's frustrated... imagine how the fans feel.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He’s sounding more like that Iraqi general before the tanks rolled in
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Lam slams his own side for ‘sh*tfight’ as he promises to drop players

It was Adrian Lam’s birthday today, but he was far from happy with what his Wigan side dished up against Leeds at the DW Stadium.

The Warriors went down 14-0, with an attack that looks void of confidence and a team that seems to lack any kind of communication.

And, Lam can certainly understand fans’ concerns.

“I feel it worse than anyone else in the stadium – I’m looking out thinking that’s not how we train or what we do,” Lam said.

I just don’t get it and I use the word cohesion a lot, but when you’ve got players that haven’t played big minutes, they get easily fatigued and worry about their own performances and injuries rather than the unity aspect.

“We’re doing it tough at the moment and only those between the four walls in the changing rooms can get us out of it.”

Lam believed his side should have gone into half-time ahead.

“It wasn’t a good night, we’re a little bit down in confidence in the whole group and I think it is reflected in how we’re playing at the moment.

We had some opportunities in the first-half and we could have taken control of the game.

“But when we didn’t score first the pressure builds, and we then go into halftime 6-0 down it becomes a sh*tfight.”

Lam says he will have no problem in dropping some players for their performances – though Sam Powell will not return for Monday’s away clash at Castleford.

“We need to consider some people’s position in the team, some changes need to be made.

There’s one thing picking players but you need to pick players that are playing well and that’s hard at the moment.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/lam-slam ... ers-42509/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Get Waney in now.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

There’s one thing picking players but you need to pick players that are playing well and that’s hard at the moment.
WTF? He drops players after they have had a decent game!

He plays players out of position as he’s done with Hastings at full back and when this is questioned by former players and coaches in the press doubles down on this almost as if he’s being petulant.

He doesn’t seem to realise he can’t play a bunch of kids in place of experienced bigger forwards and his substitutions are bizarre.

He’s living in a dream world but I also thinks he’s too damn stubborn to stop doing what he’s doing.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He's got to go after those two performances TBH. Leeds we're terrible but it's good enough against us. Bombed tries, we didn't have a sniff of a try to bomb.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐