Reg Plates For Sale

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan G

Re: Reg Plates For Sale

Post by nathan G »

johnsons_babexx posted:
ian.birchall posted:
GeoffN posted:
I see W1 GAN AND W16 AN around quite a lot, dunno who they belong to though.
Do not know who W1GAN belongs to but it is somebody with more money than sense. This number plate came up for auction in September 2000 whilst I was on my (Very) early retirement 8 weeks in Canada.
I knew it was coming up for auction and arranged for my eldest son, in the country on one of his rare visits, to go to Sheffield where the auction was and to bid on my behalf.
I told him he could go up to £7500 (Mrs Ian.Birchall having a serious apoplectic fit) but lost out when the bidding finished at £10750+Vat.
Guess which number plate he bought for his dad as an early Christmas present instead. :roll:

Doesnt Maurice have W16AN. im sure he has something like that on a range rover or a similar big car like that.

I know my dad wanted that on his car
JOHN MARTIN OWNS W1 GAN .HES THE BLOKE WHO USED TO OWN RIVERSIDE CLUB AT CENTRAL PARK AND ON THE BOARD. ITS ON HIS RANGE ROVER
mstiggy

Post by mstiggy »

It,s not a Range Rover its a Big Black Lexus that looks like one, drove alongside him after he left the airport when he flew back to Blackpool with Maurice from Girona. Maurice got in a cab!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Fraggle posted:

in the past it was letter letter letter number (number) (number) letter, then when they ran out of year letters they just swapped it round. I'm sure I'm not the only person on here who has owned cars licenced before 1983 with this style of number! .
Too true Fraggle, my first car, a Triumph Vitesse for those oldies on the board like GeoffN, was FTB 875B. :)
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Guess which number plate he bought for his dad as an early Christmas present instead.
WAS IT 541NT5 ?
Sorry 2 eyed Warrior but you must have both eyes shut to miss the clues.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.