Lam Out!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Lam Out!

Post by josie andrews »

I get the feeling that he has players he likes & ones he doesn’t! The ones he doesn’t don’t get to play or are moved on.

I know for a fact he didn’t like the two French lads & Greenwood, who although he got a few head knocks was coming back to his best, running forward & offloads.

He didn’t like or get on with Flower & they had a fall out! He doesn’t like Clark or Bullock, they don’t get selected!

Umyla Hanley scored three try’s the last time he played & hasn’t been selected since.

Young Halsall is a centre so they play Isa who is second row or prop!

I was utterly fed up last night & felt for all the players.

We have no strategy when buying players either. We buy right sided players, halfbacks, fullbacks when we already have plethora of them.

We constantly play players out of positions, why?

I know we have had injuries & even though we are playing games more frequently we are not sharing the workload between the players as he should.

I just don’t feel like going to Castleford on Monday or Magic it’s a long drive home when you have a loss!

Can’t see us getting a win anytime soon either!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Oh dear Nathan we are being negative sent we after the event maybe some of us have the hindsight to comment prior to the game from suzies husband
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:55 pm I get the feeling that he has players he likes & ones he doesn’t! The ones he doesn’t don’t get to play or are moved on.

I know for a fact he didn’t like the two French lads & Greenwood, who although he got a few head knocks was coming back to his best, running forward & offloads.

He didn’t like or get on with Flower & they had a fall out! He doesn’t like Clark or Bullock, they don’t get selected!

Umyla Hanley scored three try’s the last time he played & hasn’t been selected since.

Young Halsall is a centre so they play Isa who is second row or prop!

I was utterly fed up last night & felt for all the players.

We have no strategy when buying players either. We buy right sided players, halfbacks, fullbacks when we already have plethora of them.

We constantly play players out of positions, why?

I know we have had injuries & even though we are playing games more frequently we are not sharing the workload between the players as he should.

I just don’t feel like going to Castleford on Monday or Magic it’s a long drive home when you have a loss!

Can’t see us getting a win anytime soon either!
Well put josie.
IL showing his lack of ambition and backbone as well as Lam is still here!
Should of gone after the game last night or by 12 today, at least.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

There hasn't even been a conversation about his immediate future so far today. (might be one planned for later on I don't know)

Hopefully something develops this afternoon.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The fact that Lam is still there shows the malaise that Wigan find itself in,spineless on the pitch and in the boardroom it’s time for a clear out,in all manner of ways.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Surely, the only question now is whether we stand more chance if we keep Lam for the next 4 matches or not? Assuming we aren’t saved by COVID from playing the next couple of games, then I think that we have nothing to lose by sacking Lam today. Even if we just get Hastings to pick the teams and coach us, it would be impossible for us to be any worse.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think we have reached the point that it literally cant get any worse
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Agree with all of the above.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It’s got to the point of enough is enough.
It’s as bad as it gets and if the club don’t see that, then there is something seriously wrong
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

The BBC headline says "TOOTHLESS WIGAN"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league
Toothless from top - which is YOU Mr Lenighan to bottom - which are the players

The teams a shambles. Constantly extending contracts beyond a players ability to perform, random - almost ad-hoc recruitment, incompetent coaching, negative tactics, losing money, fans drifting away

The buck stops with Lenaghan - it is HIS business and it is time to make changes or sell up.

The club have sacked better coaches than Adrian Lam with far better records than the dross currently on show. How long does this have to continue?

Adrian Lam complains of "lack of cohesion" in the spine - that is HIS doing. Who is in the hat for full back on Monday?
Back by demand.