Wigan squad for Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Wigan squad for Castleford

Post by Wiganer Ted »

A very good win although Cas were poor was it due to pressure from Wigan's defence?

I do hope this win doesn't delay the replacing of Lam as head coach.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:58 pm Because any further interaction between league and RU is only ever going to be to their advantage.
Or you could stop blaming others for RL's failings and look to sort it out yourself.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:So now we have the issue of not sacking lam last week becaue now we’ve won - utterly awful again but cas somehow managed to be worse - but this means lam in place at least to the end of the season

We have been lucky that for whatever reason the teams we’ve played recently have been massively poor a good team would have annihilated us today
I bet every other club in the League paid Cas to lose so Wigan wouldn't sack Lam :)

Seriously though, the defence won that game and while Cas may have been awful and may have just realised what the effect of a short turnaround is, Wigan deserve credit for the defensive display.

Overall though very poor quality game but thank goodness for the win.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wintergreen wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:56 pm
moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:48 pm At the H-J, can i just say, I am never pleased to see Eddie Jones at a league game. Not welcome AFAIC.
Why?
Never has a good word for RL, often states that League players are just out to hurt each other - that's Rugby Eddie!!!!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 pm
moto748 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:48 pm At the H-J, can i just say, I am never pleased to see Eddie Jones at a league game. Not welcome AFAIC.
Why?
Never has a good word for RL, often states that League players are just out to hurt each other - that's Rugby Eddie!!!!
On the contrary if you listen to him, he is a massive fan of RL.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The disciplinary is going to be busy for the Wire/Saints game.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Just caught up with today's game after work.
Good defensive effort, good line speed causing Cas mistakes and individual big hits lifted the team.
Attack still clunky, are refs not allowed to ping our opponents for offside/spoiling at the PTB?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wintergreen wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:30 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 pm

Why?
On the contrary if you listen to him, he is a massive fan of RL.
I've not heard that from him - I'll take a look.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:42 pm
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:14 pm Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:30 am

Long walk back to the Premier Inn with only a bag of chips for company  never mind it can only get better . Wonder what the chips are like in Cas . Only one way to find out . See you Monday in Castleford 

Regards EW

Chips are going to taste all the better after that lol.

Regards EW
How was the fish supper EW?
Superb thanks. Could only be improved with the addition of brown Edinburgh chippy sauce :lol:

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Meanwhile, back to the topic and tonight's result. I see that all the chasing teams lost, so we're clear in 4th.

We've also won more games than Wire, though they've had the advantage of resting on FOUR occasions when we've played.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐