Luke Gale swap Zack Hardaker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Luke Gale swap Zack Hardaker

Post by DaveO »

MadMaxWarrior wrote:
ddtftf wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:21 pm Just a whisper i heard today ????
I wonder if this is behind the Thornley signing if Zak is going
Thornley is Gildart’s replacement.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Not Gale! He looked good one year Witt great runners but has been bang average or injured since. Miller would be preferable. He's got some threat to him.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan don’t have a track record for signing 30+ year olds.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Signing Luke Gale in return for Hardaker would be like swapping your new PC for a Mac

The PC can do more and will last you years.

The Mac is all looks, is limited and needs replacing after a year or two.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:06 am Signing Luke Gale in return for Hardaker would be like swapping your new PC for a Mac

The PC can do more and will last you years.

The Mac is all looks, is limited and needs replacing after a year or two.
And when the heat is on Mac will fail. Then cost a fortune to replace.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Anyone would think he was moving to the moon the way he wants to move closer to home. Its Leeds, its just over an hour from Wigan. It takes me over an hour to get to work every day and sometimes even longer to get home, and never once have I said i want a job closer to home.

He also moved to get away from the bad habits of Ponty and now he wants to go back. He'll be back playing midnight golf before the new season starts.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Gale has been a top player but he's far too injury prone. It looks as though we want Miller who may be the best available that we could get but to be honest I'd prefer Lino. He's a great kicker and seems on good form now that he's adapted to Super League.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:31 pm Anyone would think he was moving to the moon the way he wants to move closer to home. Its Leeds, its just over an hour from Wigan. It takes me over an hour to get to work every day and sometimes even longer to get home, and never once have I said i want a job closer to home.

He also moved to get away from the bad habits of Ponty and now he wants to go back. He'll be back playing midnight golf before the new season starts.
Pontefract to Wigan is at least 1 hour 30, more in bad traffic / rush hour

Zak has moved back to be closer to his family. Seems to be due to baby being born and his GF / Wife struggling or wanting support.

Although they had to move out of their rented accomodation in Wigan they didn't have to move to Pontefract, so thats a choice they have made and Zak will have to deal with the consequences.

Rads said whatever happens with Hardaker will be on Wigan's terms which is good news but just annoying yet another decent player is likely to leave.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:10 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:31 pm Anyone would think he was moving to the moon the way he wants to move closer to home. Its Leeds, its just over an hour from Wigan. It takes me over an hour to get to work every day and sometimes even longer to get home, and never once have I said i want a job closer to home.

Pontefract to Wigan is at least 1 hour 30, more in bad traffic / rush hour

Zak has moved back to be closer to his family. Seems to be due to baby being born and his GF / Wife struggling or wanting support.

Although they had to move out of their rented accomodation in Wigan they didn't have to move to Pontefract, so thats a choice they have made and Zak will have to deal with the consequences.

Rads said whatever happens with Hardaker will be on Wigan's terms which is good news but just annoying yet another decent player is likely to leave.
That should be the case with all our players unless they fulfil their contracts. Sadly, it has not been the case over the past few seasons. Zak knows what stance the Club took with Williams so I expect he will feel that he will also get favourable treatment.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I don't think for a minute that Zac will be at Wigan next season.
Also I don't think Gale will be at Leeds either after his indiscretion and losing the captaincy.
Can't see Leeds taking Zac and don't think a swap with Gale is on the cards.
Where they will end up is anyone's guess but the triangle move with Zac to Cas, Miller to Wigan and Gale to Wakey wouldn't surprise me.