Jacob Miller

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
buttmonkey2

Re: Jacob Miller

Post by buttmonkey2 »

I get that Miller has experience of the British game I'm not enamored with the rumour as he is nothing we haven't already got in Leuluai (except he is about 20 years younger).

Not a dominant half and most definitely not got a kicking game without being particularly quick either. Still he's already over here and that's how Wigan do most of their overseas recruiting nowadays.............
Back by demand.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:59 pm I get that Miller has experience of the British game I'm not enamored with the rumour as he is nothing we haven't already got in Leuluai (except he is about 20 years younger).

Not a dominant half and most definitely not got a kicking game without being particularly quick either. Still he's already over here and that's how Wigan do most of their overseas recruiting nowadays.............
Apart from Ellis and Mago for next year
field for this
French year before
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Can we hurry up and just sign a half back so the rest of the league can get on with taking the mickey out of us
Gaznier

Post by Gaznier »

:roll: is this the level we now play at.. worrying times if it is

Rather we played field at 6 with Smith.
andystreacle19

Post by andystreacle19 »

Miller had a tour of Robin Park last Friday…
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

andystreacle19 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:56 am Miller had a tour of Robin Park last Friday…
Interesting, As far as I'm aware we are just waiting on Wakefield finding a replacement before they will sanction the Miller to Wigan deal.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Do we have a free overseas slot right now?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:59 am Do we have a free overseas slot right now?
Not too sure where we stand if I'm being totally honest.

French, Field, Isa, Ellis, Mago, Miski, Clark.

I had thought Clark had to leave before Miller comes in. However I was told we were waiting on Wakefield before we could sign Miller, we must be waiting on both if we already have 7 spots taken
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:27 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:59 am Do we have a free overseas slot right now?

I had thought Clark had to leave before Miller comes in. However I was told we were waiting on Wakefield before we could sign Miller, we must be waiting on both if we already have 7 spots taken
Cheers Dan, I'm not 100% sure on the rule now either - we have Leuleui as well, IIRC in the old days maybe Isa and Tommy would be exempt due to their length of time in the UK. I guess Clark would be the one to miss out.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 am
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:27 am

Cheers Dan, I'm not 100% sure on the rule now either - we have Leuleui as well, IIRC in the old days maybe Isa and Tommy would be exempt due to their length of time in the UK. I guess Clark would be the one to miss out.
I thought Clark was born in Yorkshire? Does that not mean he is technically British? 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan