Lachlan Walmsley

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ian.birchall

Re: Lachlan Walmsley

Post by ian.birchall »

After last night's performance against Leeds I think I would prefer the Walmsley from Stains...... but then I suspect we all would, what an outstanding performance, not seen anything like that for many a year.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Don’t get me wrong warmsley is a brilliant prop but why the hell do players a lot smaller than him try to grab him upper body? 3 players time and time again trying to wrestle him, get his legs! If you chop them big gangly legs he’s going nowhere. You’d think coaches would show that on tape and target him that way.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

w.thomas wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:41 pm Don’t get me wrong warmsley is a brilliant prop but why the hell do players a lot smaller than him try to grab him upper body? 3 players time and time again trying to wrestle him, get his legs! If you chop them big gangly legs he’s going nowhere. You’d think coaches would show that on tape and target him that way.
Tackle by the legs
Land on your front
Quick play of the ball
Good chance of half break or catching team offside
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:52 pm
w.thomas wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:41 pm Don’t get me wrong warmsley is a brilliant prop but why the hell do players a lot smaller than him try to grab him upper body? 3 players time and time again trying to wrestle him, get his legs! If you chop them big gangly legs he’s going nowhere. You’d think coaches would show that on tape and target him that way.
Tackle by the legs
Land on your front
Quick play of the ball
but you stop him 1 on 1, your team mates can cover the rest if you hit him alone
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:54 pm
Tackle by the legs
Land on your front
Quick play of the ball
but you stop him 1 on 1, your team mates can cover the rest if you hit him alone
All SL coaches disagree.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Tackle by the legs
Land on your front
Quick play of the ball
Won’t work. Which is why no club at a decent level coaches 1 on 1 tackling by legs.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

wont work as no club does it as they like to wrestle to win the ruck, versus him you never do but they never change, would work just no one tries it, bigger than him used to be brought down 1 on1 (baloo for example by Cassidy). All SL coaches disagree and look how its going for them, look at the internationals he played, hit him low and he did nothing.
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:33 am

Tackle by the legs
Land on your front
Quick play of the ball
Won’t work. Which is why no club at a decent level coaches 1 on 1 tackling by legs.
you dont coach 1 on 1 tackling, as you learn it at 7 years old.....you dont have to break a defensive structure just tackle him round the legs when he has the ball, instead of cannonballing which always happens v him
bendy hendy 5

Post by bendy hendy 5 »

Personally i think walmsley would be a great addition. He can play stand off, scrum half, wing, and full back. He happens to be a good goal kicker as well
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

pedro wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:23 am wont work as no club does it as they like to wrestle to win the ruck, versus him you never do but they never change, would work just no one tries it, bigger than him used to be brought down 1 on1 (baloo for example by Cassidy). All SL coaches disagree and look how its going for them, look at the internationals he played, hit him low and he did nothing.
I'd imgine Roby would love a Walmsley quick play the ball. Probably a try from Roby's scoot every time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐